The Duke of Martina Museum in the Villa Floridiana, Naples is home to one of the greatest Italian collections of decorative arts that includes over 6,000 works of Western and Eastern manufacturing, dating from the 12th to the 19th century, whose most conspicuous nucleus consists of ceramics. The collection, which gives its name to the Museum, was established in the second half of the 19th century by Placido de Sangro, Duke of Martina and donated in 1911 the city of Naples by his heirs. The Duke, who moved to Paris after the unification of Italy, began to buy works of applied art, coming into contact with major European collectors, like the Rothschilds, and participating in the great universal exhibition that in those years, between London and Paris were helping to fuel interest in the applied arts to the industry. Visiting the Museum, consists of three levels. The basement houses the Oriental decorative arts section. Of note, among the objects of Chinese manufacturing: a figurine representing a drummer boy on horseback, in glazed terracotta, T'ang era (8th century); the blue and white pottery, green and pink, produced during the Ming and Qing dynasties; many bronze articles, jade and lacquer. Following a considerable collection of Japanese Kakiemon porcelain and Imari. The ground floor houses a collection of Italian majolica XV-XVIII centuries: albarelli, vases, dishes, orcioli pharmacy, flasks and the crespine manufactories of Deruta, Gubbio, Faenza, Palermo and castles. The glass section which houses a beautiful collection of handmade Murano glass and "façon de Venise" dating from the 16th to the 19th century, as well as Bohemians and crystal. Finally, Gothic ivories and enamels of Limoges XII-XVII centuries and refined objects of gallantry of the eighteenth century. In the rooms of the upper floor are preserved in European manufacturing porcelain of the 18th and 19th centuries, according to the places of production: in order succeed Meissen porcelain, Vienna, Venice, Ginori, Sevres and other French and German factories. The Ballroom is the Neapolitan porcelain exhibition, Capodimonte factories (1743-1759) and Naples (1771-1806). Among the first were the Group compassion and the screams, modeled by Giuseppe Gricci. Among the latter, pottery, decorated with the costumes of the Kingdom and ancient figures, as well as several Filippo Tagliolini biscuit. In the last two, finally, is a sampling of the collection De Sangro, donated in 1978, including a superb service from Meissen porcelain chocolate and a "served from table" of the Royal factory of Naples, decorated in ercolanensi figures. In another room, on the same floor, there is the collection of objects in turtle Sbriziolo donation-Dain.