The State archive of Terni, established in 1957, by 2002 is based in Palazzo Mazzancolli, prestigious noble residence Mazzancolli family. The Palace was built in the mid 15th century by Giovanni Mazzancolli, cultured and powerful character of the Roman curia, nephew of Ludwig, Bishop of Terni, in the first half of the 15th century. After the extinction of the family in the 15th century. XVII, the building went through a long period of decline. In the 19th century it was used first as a spinning mill, then as a pawnshop. Acquired by the national fascist Party was restored by architect. Gaetano Coppoli, who transformed it into "Casa del Fascio". After 1945 the property is passed to the State of the State in the late 1990s has entrusted to the State archive of Terni.