The Làscaris Palace, built in Turin between 1663 and 1665 to count Giovanni Battista Beggiamo, today is home to the Regional Council of Piedmont.
The Palace, built between 1663 and 1665 by Domenico Bernardi by Amedeo di Castellamonte for the count Giovanni Battista Beggiamo of Sant'Albano and Cervere, then passed to the Marquise de Marolles di Caluso and then to the Carron family of St. Thomas. In the second half of the 18th century was renovated and enlarged by the German architect of Beinasco. In 1803 it passed to hereditary succession, the family Lascaris (hence the name of the building) and then to Camillo Benso, conte di Cavour.
During the second world war the building was hit during a bombing raid and partially damaged, in particular were lost frescoes by Stefano Maria Legnani.
After the second world war was the seat of the Chamber of Commerce, industry, craft and Agriculture of Turin. In 1975 passed in the Piedmont region property which made Regional Council.
The building, restored and renovated several times, has lost its architectural style is a mixture of different styles. During a restoration was brought to light part of the seventeenth-century Palazzo. In 1979 it was built the Hall of the Regional Council, below ground level.
Imported from Wikipedia under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license.