Rectangular, square opens from one side of the Gulf of Trieste and is surrounded by palaces and public buildings.
In 1875 the Trieste architect Giuseppe Bruni won the competition to design the new building.
The Town Hall is dominated by the Bell Tower on which are installed two mori, called from Trieste and Micheze friendly Jacheze (from Slovenian Jakec and Mihec), also designed by Brown, who from 1876 mark the passage of time every 15 minutes, as well as the Bell with the halberd town civic.
Fountain of the four Continents
The world is represented by four allegorical statues which evoke the traits of people who lived then known continents (Europe, Asia, Africa and America).
Statue of Charles VI
A white stone column supporting a statue of an emperor. It is the column by Charles VI of Austria.
The building is located between the Town Hall and the Layers and was built by architect Giuseppe Bruni between 1871 and 1873. Nicknamed because Template would serve as an example for architectural restructuring that was taking place in the piazza Grande.