PALAZZO VESCOVILE

p.zza N. S, dell'Orto, 7 (Chiavari)


B 26 °


The Museum, established on the initiative of the Episcopal Curia and in collaboration with the Superintendence for the artistic and historical heritage of Liguria, is housed on the first floor of the Palace in a series of premises that were previously partially used as the library of the adjoining Seminary. opened in June 1984, the Museum contains paintings, sculptures, silverware and textiles belonging to both Churches still officiate at religious complexes both no today? existing. Compared to similar exhibition facilities the Museum of Chiavari? characterized by the absence of a major nucleus of works related to the history of the Cathedral, as the diocese? was established only in 1892 and therefore does not possess a treasure around which to aggregate items from other locations. There? not to say that the chiavaresi churches-and particularly the Church of s. Giovanni Battista-are represented by a set of objects of great historical and artistic importance. from the Church of s. Giovanni Battista originate in fact the small table with the Madonna with child attributed to the circle of Barnaba da Modena, the fragment with the Madonna with child by Bernardino beam, four wooden busts of the 17th century and the "cycle" of a processional canopy donated in 1651 by Achille Costaguta the brotherhood of the Rosary that was based in the same church. " heaven" is indeed the piece pi? prestigious exposed in the Museum, as it is a precious embroidery running in China between the end of the century. The 16TH and the beginning of the century. 17TH, came to the West with the first trade favoured by settlement in the far east of the Portuguese colonies and came into possession of the Costaguta thanks to the extreme position of prestige at the time the family reached in Rome at the papal court. From suppressed religious institutes of Chiavari originate also the deposition of Cesare Corte (gi? on the high altar of the Church of the Capuchins) and the Mystic marriage of St. Catherine by Andrea Ansaldo While two other major boards-the Madonna and child by unknown Ligurian master of about 1350 and the Madonna with child by Lorenzo Fasolo-originate from the Oratory of the Flagellants respectively in Moneglia and the Church of s. Nicol? Sestri Levante island. of the rich silver section which includes inter alia a cross-reliquary of the fourteenth century, a censer, and a 15th century ship from the suppressed Abbey of San Gerolamo della Cervara, a casket of Limousin in the 13th century Church of s. Croce in Moneglia, a monstrance Palermo donated in 1671 by Gervasio Poscia-Rapallo merchant established in Palermo-the Basilica of SS. gervasius and protasius in Rapallo , a monstrance from a coral shop Trapani and belonging to the Church of s. Giacomo di Corte to s. Margherita Ligure and several liturgical furnishings made from silversmiths and Genoese instead from different churches of the diocese, and? a small selection of ex-votos of the shrine of N.S. Dell'Orto Chiavari


Your saved POIs organized on a map based on your interests, opening hours and weather!