The basilica collegiata di San Vittore is a place of Catholic worship, situated in the Centre of Varese, dedicated to Saint Vittore. Of its relevance are the Baroque bell tower and the baptistery of san Giovanni in Gothic style.
The basilica was built between the 16th and 17th centuries on the 14th century structure: the presbytery was built in 1542 and the body of the church designed by Pellegrino Pellegrini in 1580.
Next to the Basilica is the ancient battistero di San Giovanni Battista, built between the 12th and 13th centuries. Inside there are testimonies of the pre-existing hexagonal building dating back to the 8th-9th century. In the Center, above the baptismal font of the 7th-8th century, the octagonal monolithic source is sculpted by a campionese master active between between two hundred and three hundred. On the altar a Madonna enthroned with Saints by maestro vercellese in the 16th century.