In addition to the Red Palace, Duchess of Galliera in 1874 don? the commune of Genoa the superb picture gallery which, together with the furniture, formed the core of the Museum's collections: acquisitions and commissions carried out sound for more than two centuries as evidence of rising social, economic and family policy Brignole Sale. starting from the first Commission of the first half? the seventeenth century with some great artists such as Anthony Van Dyck by Gio Francesco Brignole, also the successors, starting with wife Maria Durazzo, continued this policy with a significant expansion of the rich collections of art thanks to heritage? today received. picture gallery features both Flemish portraits and paintings by Guido Reni, Guercino, Mattia Preti, Bernardo Strozzi, both boards and paintings of 16th century veneto area, among which deserve to be works by Palma il Vecchio and Veronese. in the years 1953-1961 were carried out important restoration work, thanks to which the exhibition spaces were pi? that doubled as a function of a different arrangement of the picture gallery, works by inserting irrelevant the historical nucleus, as the collection of ceramics and coins previously located elsewhere. from different backgrounds was also the textile collection, for which occasion was made a deposit. Also found in the mezzanine between the first and second floor of the cabinet drawings prints, topographical collection and cartographic collection. after 1992? been implemented a new order, favoring the retrieval and display of all the works belonged to Brignole-Sale collection, previously partly moved to Palazzo Bianco and partly deposit. "For the formation of a public gallery": with these words, in the testament of 1884, it is the intention of the Duchess of Galliera of operate the building for a public space with the prospect of increasing gi artwork? therein, constituting the first nucleus of the museo civico. since 1887 it arricch? numerous private collections and the same city hall intervened with a shrewd purchases policy. the current arrangement of salt and the transformation in the art gallery are derived from transfer of sculptures and frescoes in other museums and venues from shuffle, following the post-war reconstruction of the Palace; restoration of the Palace and reordering collections were determined by a Committee composed of Orlando Grosso, Carla Mazzarello, fine arts Councillor of the municipality of Genova, Caterina Marcenaro, the fine arts Director, Mario Lab?, architect,  and by Franco Albini, architect, whose intervention? considered one of pi? significant Italian rationalism aimed at a recovery. The exhibition of the collections was edited by Carla Mazzarello. The Palace was opened to the public in 1950. Gallery offers an overview of European painting from the 16th century to the 18th century, with a large prevalence of Genoese painters, Flemish, French, Spanish. 16th century paintings of Paolo Caliari Veronese said, Filippino Lippi, Giorgio Vasari, Luca Cambiaso and an important documentation of the Flemish and Dutch paintings from the 16th to 18th centuries, among which can be found works by Peter Paul Rubens, Anthony Van Dyck and Gerard David. Between French and Spanish authors of six to seven hundred there are Francisco de Zurbaran, Bartolom? Esteban Murillo, Jose de Ribera and Simon Vouet.