Church of the Annunciation

Via Po 45 (Turin)


The Church, today the result of twentieth-century reconstruction, born between 1648 and 1656 designed by Carlo Morello on behalf of the confraternity of the Annunciation on via Po, the axis of the new extension of the city.

The building originally had a nave and no front porches in continuity with the street. The building will be expanded shortly after (1693) with the enlargement of the choir and the addition of two side chapels. In the 18th century, the Church is enriched with important works of art such as the altar of Bernardo Vittone and wooden processional machine based on designs of Beaumont by Giuseppe Stefano Maria Clemente and and the altar and its balustrade of the chapel of our Lady of Sorrows, by Francesco Martinez, niece of Simon Martinez. The construction will see its façade completed in 1776 by the same Francis Martinez, in which the porches added in Ottocentoverranno to match the shape of the path.

At the end of the 19th century, the building does not pay in good condition and is inadequate to the needs of the community served by the brotherhood, so in 1913 it is decided the demolition and reconstruction. The project, entrusted to ing. Giuseppe Gallo, will start in 1919 and ended for good in 1934. The current building is moved onto the West side compared to its original position to allow the opening of the via s. Ottavio and is realized according to the canons of the Roman Baroque, the main works originating from are relocated inside.

in the Church, today the result of twentieth-century reconstruction, born between 1648 and 1656 designed by Carlo Morello on behalf of the confraternity of the Annunciation along via Po, the axis of the new extension of the city.

The building originally had a nave and no front porches in continuity with the street. The building will be expanded shortly after (1693) with the enlargement of the choir and the addition of two side chapels. In the 18th century, the Church is enriched with important works of art such as the altar of Bernardo Vittone and wooden processional machine based on designs of Beaumont by Joseph and Stefano Maria Clemente and the altar and its balustrade of the chapel ofAddolorata, designed by Francis Martinez, niece of Simon Martinez. The construction will see its façade completed in 1776 by the same Francis Martinez, in which the porches are added in the19th centuryto conform to the shape of the route.

At the end of the 19th century, the building does not pay in good condition and is inadequate to the needs of the community served by the brotherhood, so in 1913 it is decided the demolition and reconstruction. The project, entrusted to ing. Giuseppe Gallo, will start in 1919 and ended for good in 1934. The current building is moved onto the West side compared to its original position to allow the opening of the via s. Ottavio and is realized according to the canons of the Roman Baroque, the main works originating from are relocated inside.


Source:

Wikipedia



Your saved POIs organized on a map based on your interests, opening hours and weather!