The headquarters of the Museum is the building, originally Home Altan Balmaceda, purchased in the early 1600 from Altan family. The building has the typical features of a stately home and, at the same time, serves as a center of agricultural property management. It is currently owned by the provincial administration of Pordenone.
The Museum collection has been purposely deployed to more common, with the goal to "build" a Provincial Museum in the territory. The two branch offices of the Museum are the "Work and emigration", hosted at Palazzo Polcenigo-Fanna in town Cavasso Nuovo, and woodworking