Admire the most beautiful places of Arezzo and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The Amphitheater, built at the turn of the last years of the century and the beginning of II, is elliptical and has terraces on two orders: the structure, built using blocks of sandstone, brick and marble, the audience remains and the remains of the ambulatory.
With a capacity of approximately 8,000 alleged viewers, the structure – accessible from via Margaritone and via Francesco Crispi, is used as an open-air theatre
The basilica of San Francesco is an important place of Catholic worship, famous for the history of the true cross, a fresco cycle by Piero della Francesca present in Bacci Chapel and dated between 1453 and 1464.
Parts of the basilica is now a museum.
Houses the collection of the antiquarian aretino Ivan Bruschi, inventor and animator of the Antiques Fair of Arezzo. At his death in 1996, was established the Foundation administered by Bruschi, Etruria, Bank with the purpose of spreading the culture of antiquarian and collector. The exhibition documents the eclectic interests of Bruschi with material ranging from prehistory to the 20th century and which also includes collections of non-European origin.
It is famous for the arcade portico by Benedetto da Maiano (15th century) and the marble altar by Andrea Della Robbia (1487-1493). The altar is an unusual work of famed ceramicist fatmi and tympanum depicts a Madonna and child with two angels, Saints in niches Lorentino, Shahin, Donato and Bernard, while in front is represented piety.
The Cathedral of Saints Peter and Donatus is located on the site of an early Christian Church and, probably, in the place where once stood the Acropolis of the city.
The façade was built of sandstone between 1901 and 1914 and designed by Dante Viviani, replacing the previous one, remained unfinished.
Singles is the story of the Bell Tower, in fact the current one is the third Bell Tower built for this Cathedral. The current Tower is hexagonal and is divided into four orders superimposed by cornices; while the lower one is without openings, two half-backs have on each side a high-arched Lancet