Cortona
Q 7 °

Discover 5 places to see in Cortona

Admire the most beautiful places of Cortona and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.


TRIP

ANTIQUARIUM OF FARNETA

The Museum is housed on the ground floor of the rectory House of the ancient Benedictine Abbey of Farneta, founded in the IX-X century, still retains the original Romanesque crypt of the Church. It was established to conserve on-site church art works and archaeological and paleontological discoveries in the surrounding area.


See details


TRIP

Archaeological area of hard and grave of Camucia

The orientalizing and archaic phases are witnessed by the great noble tombs at present mound in Cortona at the intersection between the road routes towards Rome, Chiusi and confirming the existence of aristocratic families of principes landowners.
Their funerary monuments in the territory are the Cortona Camucia and mounds of hard.
The Firm has been the subject in recent years of extraordinary discoveries. They found inside a second Tomb in the room, besides the already known since 1928, with valuable equipment, belonging perhaps to a magistrate and his family, and a monumental altar for the fun


See details



TRIP

MAEC-MUSEUM OF THE ETRUSCAN ACADEMY AND OF THE CITY OF CORTONA

The Museum is closely linked, in training and in further development, the history of the Accademia Etrusca. Preserves and exhibits the donations of members of the Academy. Also since 2005 was a new archaeological section that exposes the materials of Cortona from prehistory until the Roman period.


See details


TRIP

DIOCESAN MUSEUM OF THE CHAPTER OF CORTONA

The Museum houses conservation purposes a compilation of works of religious destination from the churches of the Diocese of Cortona. In particular, celebrates the local genius Luca Signorelli through two autograph paintings and other works performed by the master in conjunction with the workshop. Already in 1923 opened a permanent exhibition of works by Luca Signorelli, to which was added in 1945 the collection of liturgical objects from the Cathedral and other churches of the diocese.


See details