Admire the most beautiful places of Portoferraio and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
Goes by the name of fortresses or Medicean walls the complex articulation of military architecture which rises from the land of Cosmopolis to sixteenth Forte Falcone, to form the massive Front of attack which was to defend the city from military sieges. After the restoration completed in 1994 opened a tour for about 500 metres along the ramparts.
Preserves archaeological finds from the Tuscan Archipelago, which are sorted according to a historical-topographical line. The chronological period extends from the end of the 8th century BC to the 5th ad and documents the strategic role of the archipelago in the ancient maritime trade. Adjacent to the Museum are the remains of the Roman villa della Linguella. At the opposite end of Portoferrario Gulf lie the remains of the Roman Villa of the caves, visited in summer from 9.00 to 18.30.
Adjacent to the Church of the Misericordia, built in 1677, the eponymous Museum can be visited and of Napoleonic Memorabilia. Divided into three halls, the first lie: a marble statuette ' 300, attributed to Tino di Camaino (Pisan school), depicts a Madonna and child. Some paintings from the 17th and 18th centuries, depicting the faces of Saints and sacred images. The first statutes of the confraternity of mercy (1566). A precious antiphonary (1676), ex-voto. In the second and third room are collected and exposed the Napoleonic Memorabilia and vintage.
The National Museum of Napoleonic Residences consists of two residences of Napoleon during his stay on the island of Elba: the Palazzina dei Mulini and villa di San Martino.
San Martino Villa was the summer residence of Napoleon, who bought the building and renovating and decorating by the painter Reveli. Next to it the Prince Demidoff Anatolius, admirer of Napoleon, built the neo-classical building that preserves prints with Napoleonic subject and is home to temporary exhibitions.
Created by artist elbano Italo Bolano in 1964 in collaboration with internationally renowned artists, the Open-Air Museum consists of 30 monuments in ceramic, glass and steel inserted harmoniously in a charming park of about ten thousand square meters of Mediterranean plants. In the park there is a gallery for painting and graphics and ceramics. There is also an open air theatre and various labroatori of contemporary art where artists and audiences can meet. The International Art Center, Museum, cultural section has over 45 years of cultural and modern art in particular.
The Gallery originates from the donation in 1914 the collection of dr. Mario Foresi. It was opened to the public in 1924 in the rooms on the top floor of the town hall where it remained until 1943. Later works have been exhibited in two residences and Napoleonic di San Martino dei Mulini. In 1991 was reopened in its present location.