Admire the most beautiful places of Massa and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The castle is currently being restored, but it is still open to the public, who can visit the courtyards, the monumental Renaissance palace rooms, furnished with antique furniture, original partially of the keep. It is planned to organize within a museum setting out archaeological finds, Paleolithic and Neolithic to Roman times have been found in the territory and the casts of statues stele of Lunigiana.
The Cathedral of Saint Peter and Saint Francis has a long history. As St. Peter is born but collapses is demolished and rebuilt. The Church of St. Francis have some news since 1477. St. Francis to the occurrence was the guardian of the nearby Parish Church of s. Pietro, one of the oldest churches in Droves, subjected to often collapses and restoration and St. Francis were transferred the title, part of the furniture and the officiature when St. Peter was demolished by Elisa Baciocchi between 1807-1815. In the early 1800 's, the original church of St. Francis has already been transformed into
The main goal of the Museum is to preserve and enhance, through various initiatives, the artistic heritage found in churches of the Diocesan territory. Some works are consevate in the Museum permanently for security reasons and protection, while others are exposed within a rotating thematic installations that allow you to delve into specific topics and aspects of culture atistica little known to the public. These exhibitions are an opportunity to conduct targeted campaigns and restoration study materials.
It is mainly dedicated to the collection of objects related to popular culture of the coastal strip of Lunigiana, to pass down to future generations a testimony of this civilization disappeared. Founded in 1980 by Louis Bonacoscia and the Movement for social humanism of the nobility of human work, takes the name Apuan Ethnological Museum, 1985 Masnata Ernesto takes to Museo Etnologico delle Apuane and Ethnological Museum 2002 Don Luigi Bonacoscia.
The Botanical Garden of the Apuan Alps is dedicated to physician and botanist Pietro Pellegrini (1867-1957) who played several studies on the flora of the Apuan area. Located at Pian della Fioba, is located along the scenic route which connects with the Garfagnana. It covers about 3 acres on a rocky tooth that develops between 850 and 950 m s.l.m., in small part by porfirici schists (Permian-Paleozioco) siliceous in nature, and the remainder by "grezzoni" (-Mesozoic Triassic) of limestone. It was established on July 22, 1966 with the aim of studying and preserving the peculiar flora apuana, ma
The Palace, also called Palazzo Rosso, was started in 1563, by Alberico I Cybo-Malaspina.
After passing the main entrance leads to a magnificent courtyard surrounded by columns, stairways, arcades and marble portals. In the end it leads to the nymphaeum, a rock on which stands a statue of Neptune riding the waves. The two adjacent rooms were frescoed in the times by Banwari Lal in 1702. Up the magnificent staircase you reach the first floor, where the rooms are preceded by a portico decorated by marble columns and stucco: Salone degli Svizzeri, exhibition of Strength and Beauty of the stucco, a
The square, created after the controversial destruction of the Church of San Pietro in 1807 and later, from the double rows of orange trees that still surrounds on three sides, made it possible to bring out the huge amount of the Doge's Palace with which constitutes a unique monumental complex.
Mercury square has always been dedicated to merchant activity: it is the place of discovery of Roman farm, which produced amphoras that were supposed to keep the wine hills of Candia. Later it housed a well, which was later replaced by Mercury's fountain in 1566, a source with a statue of the God, commissioned by Alberico I Cybo-Malaspina. But from the Roman era, the square was profoundly changed: the Earth had filled and had come to be part of the above colle della rocca. But Alberico paved the square, destroying the village that was built above: since that time the square was home to the cit