Admire the most beautiful places of Volterra and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
Is a vast area where Castle plan through various layers you can read the birth and development of the city, starting from prehistoric times until the 15th century. The visible foundations of two buildings identified as temples A and B separated by a intertemplare road that surrounds and defines the place of worship.
Remains of Hellenistic dwellings, a complex system of tanks including the so-called Pool, medieval towers and resting on the oldest foundations
Volterra are two archaeological areas open to the public in ways similar to those of a museum. The archaeological site of the Roman theatre includes Vallebuona, Augustan, and the remains of a 4th century Spa building. The Archaeological Park Henry Rivers includes the Acropolis area with remains of two temples (II and III century BC).
The Eco-Museum, by its very nature, is an environmental Museum that connects the towns of extraction, processing and marketing of Alabaster. It is distributed on three municipalities, each of which has its own point. To Volterra is dedicated to the history of stone processing and marketing. Shows with a short exhibition history of Alabaster in Volterra by the Etruscans to today. It is divided into three sections, one dedicated to processing techniques, a history of processing and hosts objects made by contemporary craftsmen.
Advocated from the early Corrado Ricci this century, was established thanks to the Canon of the Cathedral Maurice Carr. Damaged in 1944, was completely cleared up and reopened to the public by the Superintendent in 1956. Closed in the 1980s for structural interventions and to provide it with alarm systems and fire protection was finally reopened on December 19, 1992. The Museum aims to be the evolution of the memory aspect of the Cathedral over the centuries through architectural artifacts, artwork and liturgical objects. Also testimony of Christian origins and history in devotion and unity in
The origin of the Museum can be traced back to 1761 when monsignor Guarnacci, opened in the Palazzo Maffei, the archaeological collection that, at his death in 1785, was donated to the public of the city of Volterra and exhibited in the Palazzo dei Priori. In 1877 the Museum was moved to its current location in Palazzo Tangassi Desires. The construction is still based on 19th century sort for classes of objects, within which Yes is searched for in the modern era to create a chronological journey.
The Museum houses sculptures and paintings from the territory of Volterra which have articulated views of Tuscan art from the Thirteenth to the seventeenth century and which reveal the role of Volterra as open to artistic solicitations from Florence, Siena and Pisa. Established by the art historian Corrado Ricci, General Director of the fine arts, the Museum has been re-ordered following the transfer from the Palazzo dei Priori in the current site and the addition of other works. The historic collection of Corrado Ricci is however remained unchanged as a specific aesthetic vision and Museum of