Siena
Q 15 °

Discover 52 places to see in Siena

Admire the most beautiful places of Siena and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.


TRIP

Piazza del Campo

Piazza del Campo is the main square of the town of Siena. Unique for its particular and original clamshell form, is renowned worldwide for its beauty and architectural integrity, and for being the place where twice a year there is the Palio of Siena. For an ancient Convention, the square and the Palazzo Pubblico do not belong to any district.
Overlook among others:

  • Palazzo Comunale
  • Torre del Mangia
  • Cappella di Piazza, marble Tabernacle located at the foot of the Torre del Mangia.
  • Fonte Gaia, the most important town public fountain, bas-reliefs with the creation of Adam and the expulsion o


See details


TRIP

Duomo

Siena Cathedral, or the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta, built in Roman-Gothic Italian style, is one of the most significant churches built in this style in Italy.
The façade, all in white with some red decoration of Siena and serpentine from Prato, is divided into two halves, upper and lower, referring to two distinct phases.
In 1339, it was decided to enlarge the Cathedral.
It only managed to raise the right nave and façade (popularly known as the "Facciatone"). Today the right aisle of five bays, houses the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo. On the left side where you see three arches with large Win


See details


TRIP

MUSEO CIVICO OF SIENA

Established in the 1930s, the Museum bears witness to the history of the Public Palace with frescoes that decorate the walls and most of the objects that you are saved. It also retains a picture gallery featuring paintings from the 16th to the 18th century, and in sacred gold Anticappella XII-XVII century along with some wooden sculptures and antique furnishings. A new exhibition of the Museum was created in 1998.


See details


TRIP

THE BAPTISTERY OF THE CATHEDRAL OF SIENA

The Baptistry of St. John preserves important works of art such as the baptismal font and the frescoes of the old lady. It has been recently transformed into a Museum, regolamentandone use with predetermined schedules and payment of entrance fee.


See details


TRIP

TORRE DEL MANGIA

The Torre del Mangia so called because from 1347 to 1360 the town called for assignment that Giovanni di Balduccio rider known as "eat" or "Mangiaguadagni" to beat the hours, so named because it looks like it was a scialaquone, after which he was replaced by an automaton who in remembrance of his first hitter was called Eat. The remains of this automaton are preserved today in the courtyard of the Podestà. The Tower of power and symbol of elegance was started by brothers Francis and Mamo of Rinaldo in 1325 and finished around 1348. The 87 meters high tower and ben 102 until lightning rod, is


See details


TRIP

METRO OPERA MUSEUM IN SIENA

It was established to preserve and exhibit the works coming from the Cathedral and removed for various reasons from their original place. Contains a collection of paintings, sculptures, vestments, ornaments, illuminated manuscripts and vestments of exceptional importance, illustrating the artistic history of the city of Siena and documents the historical significance of the Cathedral and of the cult of the Virgin Mary as the Queen of the city. In the Museum are the New Cathedral, facciatone place scenic.


See details


TRIP

PINACOTECA NAZIONALE DI SIENA

It is the most significant collection in the world for the Sienese School of painting, in particular regarding the fourteenth and the fifteenth century, but including masterpieces of the Baroque period and manieriesta. There are works by Duccio di Boninsegna, Simone Martini, Ambrogio Lorenzetti, Pietro and Giovanni di Paolo, Domenico Beccafumi.


See details


TRIP

CHURCH OF SANTA MARIA DELLE NEVI

Harmonious Church atop the Renaissance forms via Montanini erected in 1471 by Bastian course. The Interior, of great simplicity and rigour, sees the altar our Lady of snows masterpiece by Matteo di Giovanni (1477).


See details