The only Cathedral in the world dedicated to santa Chiara is situated in the historic centre of the city, in piazza Municipio. The gabled façade, originally from thirteenth-century factory, is divided into two orders from a frame. In the lower part opens the lintel and Romanesque Portal surmounted by an arch. The upper level, in Gothic style, has a central rose window, flanked by two pointed arches surmounted by trefoil arches theory that follow the sloping trend. On the right stands the 14th century Bell Tower, a square, that houses a Bell dating from 1338, cast by Andrea Pisano. Among the furn
The castle was built during the middle ages, perhaps at the behest of count Ugolino, in the second half of the 13th, when Iglesias, then Villa di Chiesa, was under the rule of Pisa, before the family of Della Gherardesca, count of Donoratico, and then the same Tuscan Republic.
Pan di Zucchero, original name of Concali Terràinu, is a cliff that rises from the sea a short distance from the coast, in the vicinity of Masua, Iglesias, in the southwest of Sardinia.
On the rocky coast, few hundred meters to the East, overlooking the mouth of the charming Porto Flavia mine. It takes its name from its similarity to Sugar Loaf Mountain, located in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on a peninsula that extends from one end of Guanabara Bay within the Atlantic Ocean with a height of 396 m above sea level.
The garden, whose name "Linasia" originates from the nearby massif of Mount Linas, is located in the locality of "houses", near Marganai of town of San Benedetto (fraz. di Iglesias), at an average altitude of about 720 m s.l.m. Nearby are the buildings of the State forest of Marganai, to which are annexed the small museum "Casa Natura", the "Conference Room" and a large guesthouse. The introduction of botanical species in the garden was made in such a way as to reconstruct some of the most significant plants of the Sardinian territory, well represented even in the complex of Linas-Marganai; Th
Some "men of mine" in 1998 to create the Museum of Mining Art.
In this museum you can see machines that already at the end of the 1800 were used in mine, as the rock drill 13 of BBR Ingersol or flotation cells still used in enrichment of minerals, as well as about 400 m of galleries which started in 1934 as a laboratory for students, became secure bomb shelter during the last years of World War 2.
The Museum is located in the heart of the historic centre, in an ancient and renowned wine cellar feature, until a few years ago, winemaking and the sale of the product. The Museum, divided into one unit, characterized by two arches of vulcanite, an old brick pavement and a large door, presents the faithful reconstruction of the main activities related to crafts and farming civilization alive to Iglesias until the mid-fifties of the last century. A part of the exhibition is devoted to baking cycle and vinification. Other spaces are reserved for the work of the Shoemaker, blacksmith, Carpenter