Admire the most beautiful places of Oristano and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The birth of the Institute dates back to February 15, 1973 as a section of the State Archives of Cagliari; with the establishment of the province of Oristano, in 1974, became State archive of Oristano. The most significant archives are those of the Court of first instance (1839-1948) of Military District (1880-1927) and of the technical State representative (1850-1912). Among the oldest documents a donation of Judge Peter II of Lacon Serra, dated 1228, belonging to the bottom of the Hospital San Martino Oristano.
Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta (1130). Destroyed in a siege, was rebuilt under the reign of Mariano II. Of the original structure remain only the apse and base of the tower and the chapel of the remedy, which houses some medieval sculptures.
In 1733 the 13th century Gothic Cathedral was demolished to make way for a Baroque. The 17th-century reconstruction of the chapel of the Archivietto. Inside the relics of Sant'Archelao.
Old town square lined with many historic buildings: Palazzo degli Scolopi (Town Hall), Palazzo paper, Casa de La Ciudad.
In the Center the statue of Eleonora d'Arborea, created by sculptor Ulysses Fields and the architect Mariano Falcini, opened in 1881.
Just near the main shopping streets.
Located in the historic centre of Oristano, the Tower of St. Christopher, also called of Mariano II, or Manna, was in medieval times one of the entrance gates to the city. As attested by the inscription at one time placed in the Tower, and now housed in the Antiquarium Arborea was built in 1290. Is one of the few surviving elements of the town walls built by judge Mariano of Arborea II and is the symbol of the city judicial building. Built in sandstone and with an overall height of 28 metres, consists of two overlapping bodies, both with square base. The main body, develops to U with the open