Admire the most beautiful places of Cremona and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The State archives was established in Cremona with d.m. 21 nov. 1955, but only between 1958 and 1960 he began to gather the first funds. Thanks to the foresight of avv. Joseph Galvan, President of the province of Cremona, the province was able to set up the headquarters in via Palestro in granted by the municipality of Cremona. over the years showed up the need for expansion and in 1979 the store moved to its present location on via Antica Porta dyeing, owned by the educational Institute Cremonese administered by Foundation "city of Cremona".
It is located on the outskirts of Cremona and represents one of the most beautiful churches in the city.
The Church has a single nave with side chapels, was frescoed from 1535 and represents one of the most important 16th-century Mannerist decorative complexes of Northern Italy.
Nice but inhabited by cloister nuns and therefore rarely visited.
The Cathedral of santa Maria Assunta is the principal Catholic place of worship in the city of Cremona.
The Cathedral is a vast Roman temple continually readjusted with Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque elements. Inside it preserves significant masterpieces of sculpture and painting, including the tomb of St. John and Martha and their children Audiface and Abaco, originating in Persia, martyred in Rome, called the "Ark of the Persian martyrs".
The complex also includes the baptistery and Torrazzo.
The new Archaeological Museum is located in St. Lorenzo's basilical church and in the annexed Meli chapel, dating back to the 15th century. It displays what is considered the core of the Cremona archaeological collection: through the findings discovered since the 19th century up to the recent excavation in piazza Marconi, it allows to reconstruct the image of the town founded by the Romans in 218 b.C., the first one northern than the Po river. The museum building is Romanesque and it rises from the ruins of a previous church (10th century), in the site once occupied by a late Republ
The Natural History Museum is situated inside a park with local botanical specimens, varied wildlife and a small "lake" which is becoming a natural habitat. The museum was bequeathed by Ala Ponzone and is particularly interesting as Giuseppe Sigismondo (1761-1842) was also a naturalist. Other donated collections, above all from local naturalists, were added. The suggested itinerary is in sections, one historical, a systematic passage through the individual disciplines of mineralogy, palaeontology and zoology and at last a perusal of the local area. The surroundings, natural and urba