Admire the most beautiful places of Udine and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The Cathedral is the Cathedral of Santa Maria Annunziata. From 1236 town at the behest of the Patriarch Berthold von Andechs-Merania. The construction was completed in a hundred years. Next to the Duomo is the belfry with its baptistery, home to a small museum.
Full of statues and chapels inside the exterior is characterized by two portals: portal of redemption and the coronation.
In front of the loggia del Lionello are the loggia and the tempietto di San Giovanni, built in 1533 by architect Bernardino da Morcote. Their implementation resulted in numerous problems, both the practical planning. The resulting work has a vague taste of Brunelleschi. The Church, dedicated to St. John, now is used as a shrine to the fallen. Always face the loggia del Lionello, stand the statues of Hercules and cacus, attributed to Angelo de Putti.
Incorporated in the loggia di San Giovanni is the clock tower. The tower was built in 1527su by Giovanni da Udine design that was inspired by the V
Historical building, located between Cavour and Savorgnana, opposite the Town Hall in the historic centre. The subject of a lengthy restoration, completed in 2011, about Gae Aulenti's original plan, is now home to the Museum of modern and contemporary art.
Includes a permanent exhibition with works by Italian and foreign art of the Astaldi collection (Giuseppe Capogrossi, Carlo Carrà, Felice Casorati, Giorgio De Chirico, Filippo De Pisis, Renato Guttuso, Mario Mafai, Ottone Rosai, Giuseppe Santomaso, Alberto Savinio, Gino Severini, Mario Sironi, also includes works by foreign artists such as Ge
The patriarchal Palace or the Archbishop of Udine is one of the most famous historical buildings of the city.
The main building was built during the 16th century, when the Patriarchs of Aquileia, unable to reside in the Castle, tried another residence in the city. In 1708 the Patriarch Dionysius Dolphin named the architect Domenico Rossi, who built the library wing and the oval staircase, raised the main body making the website, completed the northern wing and, in 1725, the grand staircase.
The Palace houses, from 1995, the Diocesan Museum and galleries of Tiepolo.