Varese
Q 2 °

Discover 12 places to see in Varese

Admire the most beautiful places of Varese and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.


TRIP

Palazzo Estense

The Palazzo Estense of Varese was a residence of Francesco III d'Este.
On the ground floor there is the living room from the large fireplace in the Este polychrome Marbles by Antonio Buzzi surmounted by an oval portrait of the Duke, with the illusionistic architecture painted by Bosellini (1768-69) and the large central medallion painted by Giovan Battista Ronchelli.
Upstairs there is the Ballroom. The Chapel is dedicated to St. John the Baptist.
Today it houses the Town Hall and is open free of charge during office hours.
The attraction of the palace garden. In the Park, modeled in the likeness o


See details


TRIP

Sacro Monte

The Sacro Monte of Varese is one of a group of nine Prealpine Holy mountains of Piedmont and Lombardy, included in the 2003 UNESCO World Heritage list.
Consists of fourteen chapels dedicated to the mysteries of the Rosary, which lead to the sanctuary of Santa Maria del Monte.
The borgo di Santa Maria del Monte, where is the Sanctuary (844 Mt.a.s.l.), is connected to the rest of the city, as well as through an urban car line (line C), including through a historic funicular.


See details


TRIP

Basilica di San Vittore

The basilica collegiata di San Vittore is a place of Catholic worship, situated in the Centre of Varese, dedicated to Saint Vittore. Of its relevance are the Baroque bell tower and the baptistery of san Giovanni in Gothic style.
The basilica was built between the 16th and 17th centuries on the 14th century structure: the presbytery was built in 1542 and the body of the church designed by Pellegrino Pellegrini in 1580.

Next to the Basilica is the ancient battistero di San Giovanni Battista, built between the 12th and 13th centuries. Inside there are testimonies of the pre-existing hexagonal bui


See details


TRIP

Villa Toeplitz

Considered one of the most beautiful villas with public park in the city. The complex is named after Giuseppe Toeplitz (1866-1938), Polish-born banker who bought it in 1914.


See details