The castle of Santa Severina, which covers an area of about 10,000 square meters. is one of the best preserved ancient military strongholds of southern Italy, submitted by 1994-1998 with a meticulous refurbishment, is composed of a square tower with four cylindrical towers placed on the corners and is flanked by four bastions protruding at the towers. Its construction is attributed to the Norman Robert Guiscard around the 11th century, from which it takes the name. It is however certain that the castle was built over a pre-existing building, in fact, scholars believe that the Castle area coin
Monumental castle with layered structures from the middle ages to the 19TH century. Main floor with frescoed vaults in 1750. Visible layering of the Byzantines, Normans, Swabians, Angevins, Aragonese and Viceroyalty.
Hosted in several halls of the Castle, is organized into two physically distinct and specific sections: one on the excavations made in the fortress, the other dedicated to the territory of Santa Severina and Neto Valley.
The Museum is housed in the Archbishop's Palace, built in the late 13th century by Roger of Stefanunzia, but almost entirely rebuilt on the end of the 15th century. and subsequently rebuilt until the last restoration works carried out by rifunzionalizzare the building destined to Museum. Objects stored in eight halls allow to reconstruct the importance and centrality of religious Santa Severina in historical periods, from the beginning of Christianity in the Byzantine era.