Scanno
4 1 °

Discover 4 places to see in Scanno

Admire the most beautiful places of Scanno and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.


TRIP

CHURCH OF OUR LADY OF THE LAKE

The church of Santa Maria dell'Annunziata, also called Madonna of Lake, was founded in 1702 on the place of a miraculous image of the Holy Mary, on the shore of Scanno Lake. At first the entrance of the church was on the west side but it was moved on the southern side owing to works for building a suitable for vehicles. Here the engineer Lanfranconi from Como built a stone staircase and a metal penthouse over the new entrance door. The interior was restored in the course of the twentieth century: in 1903 Galassi carried out a magnificent neo-Gothic altar for the church, which was so successful


See details


TRIP

CHURCH OF SANTA MARIA DELLA VALLE


The church of Santa Maria della Valle (of the Valley) takes its name from the Valley of Carapale where it was built. There are only scarce evidences about the early times of its existence: the first attestation dates back to 1568, when it was declared a parish church and painted with Renaissance frescoes. Approximately one century later, in the Baroque age, important stucco-decorations were added and the side altars, built against the pillars, were destroyed. 
The rectangular façade has a projecting cornice in the middle, over which there is the rose-window, and a cornice with fillets at t


See details


TRIP

CHURCH OF SAINT ANTHONY OF PADUA

The church of Saint Antony from Padua and the convent of Friars Minor Conventual adjoining it rises outside the town in the surrounding of Santa Maria del Lago, a few kilometers away from the historical center of Scanno. According to tradition, the convent was founded between 1595 and 1596 in the area of the hospital of Scanno, which was donated to the town at that moment. Enlarged in the seventeenth century, the building was deserted when Napoleon ordered the suppression of the order and definitively sold to private citizens in the XIX century. 
The façade of the church is similar to the


See details


TRIP

WOOL MUSEUM

The Wool Museum, established in 1993 at the initiative of the researcher Michele Rak, is located in a building of 1901 initially intended to municipal slaughterhouse; inside tools and documents are collected of civilisation in Scanno and pastoral ˆ in Sagittarius from 1850 to 1930.
The collection? divided into three areas: everyday life, pastoralism, the trade of Shoemaker.
Daily life? well represented by food, cooking equipment and for working wool, furnishing a bedroom; sheep farming revived in small items used by shepherds: wooden spoons, scissors for shearing the sheep, cheese processing. As


See details