Admire the most beautiful places of Macerata and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The library has the character of general culture, with particular attention to the publications of humanistic and artistic topic, in addition to those of local character. The Institute has acquired particular importance at regional level for the conspicuous acquisitions of recent material, with significant donations from the Biblioteca Nazionale Centrale of Florence. The heritage is enriched every year of the most significant new books, both in the field of reference works (encyclopedias, dictionaries, bibliographies, directories), directly accessible to users in the consultation room, both fo
The Macerata Cathedral, or chiesa di San Giuliano, is a renovation, in the neoclassical style (1771-1790), the 15th-century building, designed by Cosimo Morelli. The unfinished façade has the remains of a school bell-flowered Gothic, built in 1467 and 1478-attributed to Marino di Marco Cedrino.
Located in the very central via Santa Maria della Porta No. 65, the Natural History Museum is hosted in June 1993, at the underground of Palazzo Rossini Lata, a historic building whose construction was begun in 1570 by order of Captain Happy Rossini. The activities of the Institute dates back to 1973 when Romano Dezi, curator of the Museum, between his passionate paleontological research activities to a series of exhibitions and interventions at schools. Since 1993 the exhibits collected, purchased or received as a gift during the 35 years of activity of the curator, are presented in 200 sqm.
Between the valleys of the Chienti and Potenza, protected by medieval walls, Macerata dominates the top of a hill, opening the sea on one side and the mountain from the other side.
It is here that since 1986 in the weaving workshop "La Tela di Ganesan and V.ramana" is the typical textile tradition of the marches. Beyond the ancient Porta di s. Giuliano, the rooms that follow over the entrance to the laboratory, collect objects for many years and memories of an art that has been able to witness the cultural progress of man over the millennia.
Three areas within the Museum workshop:
the memory tool
The Museum, located in the historic palazzo Ricci furnished with furniture and furnishings of the XVIII century, collects more than 300 works of 20th-century Italian artists including Scipio, Mario Sironi, Giorgio De Chirico, Giacomo Balla, Umberto Boccioni, Fortunato Depero Giorgio Morandi, Medardo Rosso, Giacomo Manzù, Ardengo Soffici, and others
The historical and artistic heritage of the municipality of Macerata preserved until 2007 at the library, from 2008 was transferred to the new Palazzo Buonaccorsi. The building, commissioned by the family following the attainment of the patriciate citizen in 1652 and the investiture to count of Simone Buonaccorsi in 1701 by Clement XI, has since December 2009 the Carriage Museum and at the same time allows you to admire the decorations of the noble floor, particularly the magnificent Gallery of the Aeneid. The collections of ancient and modern art are still under construction. Since 2006 the m