Tolentino
Q 14 °

Discover 8 places to see in Tolentino

Admire the most beautiful places of Tolentino and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.


TRIP

Archaeological Museum of the Abbey of Santa Maria di Chiaravalle di Fiastra

The collection housed in the Abbadia di Fiastra, Fondazione Giustiniani Bandini depends. The most conspicuous objects is placed in a basement room that was previously called "Sala delle Cruets". Materials, amounting to 88 units, mainly stones, are placed on a counter, on the floor, and in the three niches of Windows. An amphora (on modern metal support) is. Other objects are all from the Roman period and they all seem to come from Urbs Salvia, while fifty tardoantichi and early medieval fragments were recovered in the Abbey itself. The exhibition hall is part of the visit to the entire complex


See details



TRIP

Museo del Santuario di San Nicola

The Museo del Santuario di San Nicola da Tolentino was reopened July 5, 2005 with a new production. It consists of several sections: the artistic, ceramics, that of ex-voto and cribs.
The magnificent works of art section contains among others the famous wooden group depicting the Nativity attributed to the Master of the Magi of Fabriano and the monumental altarpiece by Giorgio Marchisiano, already in the altar of the basilica, built between 1518 and 1526: the work, owned by the National Gallery of ancient art in Rome, was courtesy of storage and can be admired restoration fresh along with other


See details


TRIP

Wine Museum

In the premises of the winery, with access from the cloister of the Abbey, has been recently set up the Wine Museum that exposes tools and objects used in the past for the processing of the grapes. The cellars were built in the 17th century on behalf of the Jesuits, to whom was entrusted the Abbey in 1581. Are built on two floors, including a basement, and were used to work the grapes produced from the vineyards of the Abbey and more recently those harvested in the lands of the Giustiniani Bandini family and then of the Fondazione Giustiniani Bandini. The cellars, just restored, are the perfec


See details


TRIP

Caricature Museum "Luigi Mari"

The Sangallo Palace is home to the second floor, the "International Museum of caricature" that was inaugurated in 1970. Designed and built by the doctor tolentinate caricaturist Luigi Mari (1907-1974) with competence and passion after several years of constant and patient research, the Museum is unique in its kind in Italy and one of the few in the world. In some of the rooms include a historical introduction to the caricature and various sections: humor and art; History; Caricature and Humor. The Museum is now recognized as a meeting place of fundamental importance to historians, artists, cri


See details


TRIP

Museo della Civiltà Contadina of the Abbey of Santa Maria di Chiaravalle di Fiastra

The Museum, founded in 1985 by the Fondazione Giustiniani Bandini ", and housed in the former guesthouse of the monastery of Santa Maria di Chiaravalle, covers an area of 350 square meters and gathers items and household tools-rural. The collection includes material of various kinds, including frames and filarelli, presses and linked objects to the production of wine, wooden plows ("perticari"), sowing, mowing machines, paintings, yokes, sift and crivelli, planes and axes from Carpenter, games. The Museum offers a wide panorama of life, share-of agricultural landscape, furnishings of houses (k


See details


TRIP

MUSEUM OF THE ARCHCONFRATERNITY OF THE SS. HEART OF JESUS

The Museum, established in the year 1996, annexed to the Church of the Holy heart of Jesus, an unpublished and interesting historical material-artistic-related archival life of the archconfraternity of the most Holy heart of Jesus, also known as the "S" for the special dress worn by brethren. The Brotherhood was established in Tolentino on June 14, 1805 from San Vincenzo Maria Strambi, then Bishop of Macerata and Tolentino. The Museum's collections are increased and expanded thanks to the patient work of Prof. Giampiero Gately which studies, catalogs, select the works. Among the archival mater


See details


TRIP

Napoleonic Salt Museum

Napoleonic rooms open on the main floor of Palazzo Parisani-Bailey, the old residence of the counts Parisani, commissioned by Cardinal Ascanio to Antonio da Sangallo the younger probably around 1540. The Sale received Napoleon Bonaparte took lodging and you will signed, with representatives of the Papal States, the February 19, 1797, the peace of Tolentino which forced the Pope, in addition to the cash payment of allowances to cede burdensome to Avignon, France the legations of Bologna, Ferrara and the Romagna. Through a representative, with antique furniture and documentary material concernin


See details