Admire the most beautiful places of Fano and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
Privilege, parchment, granted to the College of Fano, Nolfi by Emperor Charles VI, to confer the doctorate and other academic titles in philosophy, medicine, law and theology. The Emperor securities validation, like those issued by other universities of Germany, Italy, Spain and France and authorizes the recipients of these doctorates, to practice in the States. The privilege is signed by Emperor Charles VI and validated by its red wax seal enclosed in a wooden case.
No. 113 Malatesta Codes (1367-1473) that testify the Malatesta domination over the city.
The Abbot and prior of San Paterniano ren
The collection was established at the archaeological museum in 1898 and is one of the most valuable collections of paintings in existing brands. Exhibits works by local school but also of the Venetian school, bolognese, Roman and testifies to the digression of Fano and painting in the marches from the fourteenth century to the present day, highlighting that contacts the ground with the most diverse artistic currents.
The original nucleus of the picture gallery consists of paintings coming from buildings of religious congregations suppressed with the Decree, which in 1867 and Valerio were added
The Church, which encloses the remains and the mystery of the noble family of Ugolino and Pietro De Pili, the tomb of Jacopo Del Cassero Dante's memory.
The Church of San Domenico has become home to the sacred art Gallery owned by Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Fano who, after welcoming and hosted these works in their houses, has funded the restoration of the Church as the exhibition venue.
The gallery houses paintings ranging from the 14th to the 18th century, including the famous Guercino's altarpiece depicting the marriage of the Virgin, commissioned by the Mariotti family of Fano in 1649;
The Roman Fano starts from the Arch of Augustus. Always the symbol of the city of Fano, in Roman times was the main gateway to the colony Julia Fanestris, deduced from the Emperor Augustus on the site of a settlement developed around Republican Fanum Fortunae (temple dedicated to the goddess Fortuna). Built at the point where the Via Flaminia engages in the Decumano Massimo, the monument is given, through the inclusion of frieze, 9 a.d. Made externally in squared blocks of Istrian stone, the door is divided into two smaller side frames and a central frame: the keystone of the latter is decorat