Admire the most beautiful places of Urbino and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
Description in the vernacular, with its plant, North Africa and surrounding areas with numerous teponimi and perspective views. The parchment, undated and anonymous, acted as a cover for a little mutt of notarial deeds.
Daily martyrology with spread of narrative deeds of Saints and in particular those of s. Eusebio. Written on 2 columns has the initials decorated in red ink. Very elegant incipit initial.
Holograph letter by Giuseppe Garibaldi sent from Caprera in 1862 the urbinate Themistocles Santopadre. The letter, restored in 1990, was attached to a case file of the year 1862, borne Santopadr
The home, built in the 15th century was bought in 1460 by Raphael's father, Giovanni Santi (1435-1494) organized its own workshop where Raphael (1483-1520) learned the first notions of painting. Purchased in 1635 by the urbinate Muzio Oddi, passed in 1873 Raphael Academy that was founded in 1869 by Pompeo Gherardi became jealous keeper, promoting research, works and studies related to the figure of the great painter from Urbino. On the first floor opens a large room where there is the Annunciation, canvas by Giovanni Santi, along with copies of two nineteenth-century works by Raphael: the Mado
The Church of San Bernardino degli Zoccolanti is a Franciscan church in Urbino, located on a hill about 2.5 km outside town on the Hill of San Donato. The Church was built by Federico da Montefeltro after his death, from 1482 to about 1491, as a place for his burial and that of his successors (Dukes ' Mausoleum). The project and the subsequent creation of the work are now attributed to the Ducal architect Francesco di Giorgio Martini.
Then there are the tombe de Montefeltro
The "Originally a votive church it is closely connected with the dramatic events of the Della Rovere dynasty. It was commissioned in 1603 by the fifty-five year old Duke Francesco Maria II four days after his second marriage with his young niece Livia, as a vow to have a male heir. The building was completed ten years later, when in 1614 the baroque Antonio Viviani from Urbino, called “The deaf”, finished, with his valuable paintings, the complex baroque decoration in the church. The façade was still incomplete, though, because the current one has a more modern style, and was probably realised
Shown in a Hall of the Palazzo Albani, the Castellani collection represents the first step for the Foundation of a Museum of engraving in the Ducal city. The more than 150 artworks are the result of a donation from the family of the artist. The Castellani Collection alongside exhibitions periodically to other contemporary masters; among them we mention Adami, Crocetti, Messina and Mastroianni.
Is dedicated to santa Maria Assunta. Founded in 1021, to replace an earlier Church outside the walls, Urbino Cathedral had a plant originally rotated 90° with respect to the current one, and it was much smaller in size. Rebuilt in the fifteenth century at the request of Federico da Montefeltro of Urbino Cathedral was built according to a design simple and bare, with three naves on pillars whites, according to a design attributed to Francesco di Giorgio Martini, which in those years was architect to the Duke. The building was finished in 1604.
The splendid Palace, commissioned by Federico da Montefeltro in the glory of his house and, at the same time, expression of his personality as a Renaissance man, is home to the Galleria Nazionale delle Marche, established in 1912. Under the rule of Frederick, who comes to the Government of the State of Montefeltro in Urbino in 1444, becomes a few decades one of the lighthouses of Italian Renaissance. In 1474 count receives from Sixtus V della Rovere the coveted appointment at Duke and the proud inscription FE-DUX stands after that date on many parts of the building. Thanks to the refined choic
The monastery of Santa Chiara is the ancient monastery of poor Clares of Urbino. This is one of the main monuments and one of the greatest examples of Renaissance architecture. It currently houses dell' Istituto superiore per le industrie artistiche di Urbino, may be visited by appointment.
A first structure was erected at the site to accommodate the Conservatory 1420 women widows.
Subsequently the Della Rovere intervened on the convent Church, between the 16th and 17th centuries, enriching it decoratively in both interior and exterior applications.