Admire the most beautiful places of Città della Pieve and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
“The Lauri Garden” “Il Giardino dei Lauri” is the new location dedicated to Contemporary Art created by the art collectors Angela and Massimo Lauro to exhibit part of their personal collection. The Lauro Collection was started in 1990 and includes approximately 300 works of art today. Collecting the work of the most representative artists, protagonists on the national and international artistic scene, the exhibit represents a narrative itinerary through the most updated research in the field of visual art. The display is hosted inside the 650 square meters of the industrial facility and in a
Civic and Diocesan Museum - Former Church of Santa Maria dei Servi The Museo Civico Diocesano of Città della Pieve is hosted in the former Church of Santa Maria dei Servi, which was built in the second half of the 13 century and remodeled in Baroque style between the 17 and 18 centuries. The building preserves the fragmentary work of Christ Deposition from the Cross, executed by Pietro Vannucci, called Perugino, in 1517 and some paintings from the 16 and 18 century, which decorate the Baroque altars of the lateral chapels. In the cross-vaulted gothic crypt below, there are some paintings on c
Museum of Natural History and Della Corgna Palace Territory Hosted on the Main Floor of Palazzo della Corgna, in the city center of Città della Pieve, the Museo di Storia Naturale e del Territorio holds collections of mineral samples, rocks, fossils, vegetal and animal preparations and scientific instruments. These collections are mainly the result of the activity of Antonio Verri (1839-1925), a geologist, and of Paolo De Simone (1859-1906), an agronomist, who operated in the Città della Pieve territory, between the end of the 19 century and the early 20 century. The presence of naturalistic
Church of Santa Maria dei Bianchi Oratory The Church of Santa Maria dei Bianchi, which was already the Oratory of the Disciplined, preserves one of the best works among Perugino’s masterpieces, the fresco depicting “The Adoration of the Magi”. In 1504 the Disciplined Confraternity—or Santa Maria dei Bianchi—of Città della Pieve, native town of Pietro Vannucci, called Perugino, starts negotiating the commission to fresco the wall behind the altar of its oratory with the artist. From Perugia, where the artist resided, he answered that the request could be satisfied in return for a payment of 20
The Art Collection from the Cathedral The Raccolta d’Arte della Cattedrale is held inside the Cathedral of the Santi Gervasio e Protasio, in the city center of Città della Pieve. Of ecclesiastic property, this institution started the collection in the aftermath of the Second World War as a display of liturgical vestments of the nearby cathedral and of other churches in the town area. The premises are currently closed for restoration work to be in line with new laws regulating construction. Like many Chapter House collections in the area, this one is alsocharacterized by the presence of a num