Imperia
2 11 °

Discover 11 places to see in Imperia

Admire the most beautiful places of Imperia and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.


TRIP

Basilica di San Maurizio

The building was built in neoclassical style to a design by Gaetano Cantoni from 1781 and completed in 1838. It was built according to the canons of pomp and Majesty to witness the richness of the maritime Republic of Genoa and Porto Maurizio.
The façade has an atrium with eight columns, flanked by two twin bell towers.


See details


TRIP

Archivio di Stato di Imperia

The State archive of Imperia was established in 1962; It depends on the sections of Ventimiglia and San Remo. It includes documentation from the 15th to the 20TH century to about 46,000 pieces, including books, records, maps, files, parchments. Services to the public are the following: the study room for the consultation of archival material, and that legal-administrative, with access to the bibliographical material; photographic reproduction; guided tours; correspondence information; various cultural initiatives. The documentation provides, in particular, the possibility of historical researc


See details


TRIP

Collegiata di San Giovanni Battista

The Collegiate Church of San Giovanni Battista is the duomo of Oneglia (one of the two major districts of the city of Imperia) and is located practically in the Centre of the historic town.
The Church, whose consecration dates back to 1762 was constructed from 1739 to 1759 the architect Gaetano onegliese Amoretti, where there was an earlier Church.


See details


TRIP

NATIVITY MUSEUM-PINACOTECA CIVICA

The neoclassical building of the former College site opposite the Duomo di San Maurizio meets airy ground floor room in the civic collections Imperia: the art gallery established in 1975, and most recently, Nativity Museum after rebuild of 2008. With the progress of the restoration, the exceptional wooden crib already belonged to the family was with a Berio's own autonomy. It contains wooden statues belonging to the 113 great "season" of the Genoese crib, referable to shop the Genoese sculptor Anton Maria Maragliano (1724-1741). The exhibition exposes the core restored, reconstructed by the el


See details


TRIP

MUSEO DELL'OLIVO

Inaugurated in 1992, the historic home of the Carli Brothers of Imperia Oneglia, a major oil companies on the Riviera, the Museum illustrates the history of the olive tree, which for centuries has been the leading resource of local economy and which still characterizes the landscape of the Riviera di Ponente. The exhibition gathers the materials gathered by the Campbell family in almost a century of research starting from a primitive nucleus of the lighting and power supply, consisting of precious oil Cruets and lamps in silver. Twelve sections cover six thousand years of history of the olive


See details


TRIP

INTERNATIONAL NAVAL MUSEUM OF WESTERN LIGURIA

The Museum, established in 1980 at the initiative of the Commander Flavio Seraphim, is divided into 14 sections that comprise a precious wealth of evidence of Ligurian and national maritime traditions from the 18th to the 20th century. We find a rich collection of tools, materials and equipment related to wooden shipbuilding tradition and his men, maritime paintings, votive offerings, uniforms. Remarkable appearance modeling, mercantile and military, with dioramas and models of L on Perret, artist and designer, lived in the 19th and 20th centuries, which dedicated a room. Particular attention


See details


TRIP

PALAZZINA LIBERTY

Site on the West Pier of Porto Maurizio, the bathhouse said the "Golden Beach", pi today? known as the "Palazzina liberty", is one of the rare buildings that suffer of Ligurian influences secession of Austrian ancestry. It was built in 1912 by the Company? Lombard, Ligurian cooperative on milanese architect Alfredo Campanini by adoption. The complex? arranged on two superimposed levels around a large central building, used as a time to "ballroom of society? "bathrooms and equipped with restaurant, caff? and services; below the altitude of the dock flanked by two wings, dressing cabins equipped


See details


TRIP

The former College building

The building was built between 1838 and 1842 by the engineer of the province John Maddison, opposite the grandiose Church of San Maurizio (1781-1838), at the time just completed in the neoclassical forms gave Gaetano Cantoni. It was originally a central body plus? high flanked by two side avancorpi pi? Unified low level of neoclassical rhythm square by a central portico. Contemporary paintings will return the airy configuration, white, lightened by terraces that overlook the surrounding landscape and that refer to urbanit? classical culture. The construction was made with the pendant porch of


See details