The Museum Exposition occupies the premises located on the top floor of the spa complex of San Calogero stoves or Kronio caves, on the Summit of the mountain. In the small antiquarium, inaugurated in the years ' 80, there are archaeological materials of prehistoric and historic from excavations and research conducted, 60 's of the previous century until 1986, within the complex of underground Karst source that develops inside the mountain and whose singular uniqueness is tied to the presence of fluffy phenomena that, going along the network of tunnels through it , come out from the upper cavity
The State archive of Sciacca, established by Ministerial Decree of February 26, 1970, running from 1974, is allocated via Figuli, 28/30.
The first group of Association of documentary Section was formed from the acts of notaries of Sciacca consisting 12,076 volumes, beginning in 1434. Then the section has increased its assets by acquiring documentary payments from various government offices, including that of direct taxation, the Inland Revenue, and Notarial archives.
The Museum, whose interiors are decorated with tempera with Greek motifs, is divided into a section of art, with paintings by Neapolitan and Sicilian painters (16th-19th century), an archaeological section, with exhibits Greco-Roman era, a numismatic collection, a naturalistic section and a malacological collection. The building and the collections exhibited are the result of a bequest of the family Scaglione who wanted to leave the town of Sciacca precious goods collected by the illustrious saccense.