Admire the most beautiful places of Trani and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The archive section Was established by Ministerial Decree of 22 mar. 1965, was kind, in 1853, as provincial store spare Bari. Having been in the city preunitaria home to offices and courts with jurisdiction over the entire province of Terra di Bari, in the merged Archive many cards. There are, however, for reasons of space, the sacred cards directed hearing that I took home from 1586, Criminal Court of the Napoleonic era, the great criminal court and civil court of the restoration period, preserved in AS Bari. In the section you still retain and continue to affluirvi the notarial acts, acts of
Built by Frederick II in 1233, protected from shallow waters of a Bay, the monument preserves the original quadrangular-plan configuration, powered by four square towers at the corners and a boundary wall, built in 1249 by Philip Cesena. The central courtyard retains traces of a lodge, demolished in the 16th century, where some Corbels, depicting Adam and Eve and the Annunciation, proclaim the impartiality of Justice towards imperial subjects tranesi, Jews and Christians. In 1533 the castle was adapted by Emperor Charles V to the use of firearms, strengthening on project of Spanish Fernando de
Trani Cathedral is dedicated to the Patron Saint, San Nicola Pellegrino, and is undoubtedly the most prestigious of the Apulian city. Classic example of Apulian Romanesque architecture, the Cathedral was built immediately after the sanctification of St. Nicola Pellegrino, during the Norman domination.
The Church of all saints, or Templars, is a Romanesque church of Trani 12th century situated on the banks of the harbor. The Church is also known as purgatory.
The Church has a façade with ornately carved range. The façade is located on the street, covered by both the inner porch that houses built in later periods above the portico. The most characteristic part of the exterior of the Church is the back, facing the sea, with three small apses.
The location of the axis of the Church marks the spot where the Sun was born on 1 November in the year 1100, according to some scholars, taking account
At the left end of the villa comunale you access the ancient fortress for the protection of the extreme eastern tip of the harbor: the Fort is a fortification to protect the mail entrance to the port, on the pier of San Antonio, which takes its name from a religious building from the 12th century, the Church of Sant'Antonio Abate (called Sant'Antuono), incorporated in 1541 inside the building following the existing defensive fortifications dalViceré Peter de Toledo to defensive needs of the roadstead of the port. The Church and the Fort have been restored in the years ' 80
From the top of the
The monastery of Santa Maria di Colonna is a Trani Monastery located on a peninsula called "Capo Colonna". Next to the monastery is a Romanesque church. According to tradition, the monastery was founded in the early 11th century. The monks were plagued by continuous attacks by Saracen pirates, which repeatedly destroyed the walls of the monastery.
Private collection of the family since 1956, Richard has a collection of carriages 34 of the most various models, no family: from morning to evening, from hunting as well as divided by Coachmen and harnesses for horses. The importance of this collection is to demonstrate the craftsmanship of the era and tells the story of aristocratic pomp and styles with authenticity.
The Museum of the Archdiocese of Trani was established in 1974 by Archbishop Giuseppe Carafa with the aim to set up all the headstone and sculptural material from the demolished Cathedral and other churches in the area of Trani. The countless number of discoveries, impossible to contain in a single environment and to which donations have been made over time, such as the archaeological collection of "Lillo-Rapisaldi” are housed in two locations in the Palazzo Addazi and the adjoining Palazzo Lodispoto. The rich collection of the Museum is divided into several sections. In the Palazzo Lodispoto