Admire the most beautiful places of Ventimiglia and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The State archive of Ventimiglia sees the light in 1951 and now depends on the headquarters of Imperia. It retains the documentation 13TH to the 20th century to about 6,000 pieces, including books, records, maps, files, parchments. Services to the public are the following: the study room for the consultation of archival material, and that legal-administrative, with access to the bibliographical material; photographic reproduction; guided tours; correspondence information; various cultural initiatives. The documentation provides, in particular, the possibility of historical studies, either pol
Archaeological site of the Roman city of Albintimilium, main center of Liguria, the Intemelii VIII-VII BC on the right bank of the river Nervia. The Roman settlement was founded by the Romans on the camp at the mouth of the river after the Second Punic War, became the Town Hall in the first half of the 1st century BC Under Julius Caesar and Augustus the city enjoyed particular prosperity, thanks to its central location between the provinces of Cisalpine Gaul and Narborense, and was further encouraged by the opening, in 13 BC, the via Julia Augusta that put the Po Valley with the southern Gaul.
The medieval complex made up of the Cathedral of our Lady of the assumption, and, outside, a lower fee, the tangent of the left apse, Baptistery dedicated to Saint John the Baptist,? among the pi? significant of Liguria. What it looks like today, the baptistery has an octagonal plan and upper body in the drum, the barbette arches with niches and carved in the thickness of the apsidioles. The 1967-73, tied to the name of Nino Ladd, have brought to light the architectural features dating back to the XI-XII centuries, without the original amplitude of recomposing Interior, height in the first hal
The Fort, an imposing fortified architecture of the XIX? century, is situated on the margins of the fortified Centre of Ventimiglia and medieval defensive wall, existing downstream of Aurelia, spur overlooking the sea at punta Rocca stretched out towards the Côte d'Azur. Its construction was begun in 1831, following the Treaty of Paris signed after Napoleon's fall. The opening of the new coast road towards France, Via Aurelia, persuaded the Savoy Government control the easy passage and coastal viabilit? from France to the Northwest and the Italian Po Valley with a new powerful fortified system
Hanbury botanical gardens taken in 1867 by Sir Thomas Hanbury, will extend for over 18 hectares around the villa Orengo gi on the promontory of Mortola, a few kilometers from the French border, partly left to natural vegetation. The current look is derived from work conducted by Hanbury, with eminent gardeners-botanists such as l. Winter and a. Berger, between 1867 and early ' 900. The plant and the original purpose are their acclimatisation garden of exotic plants from more distant regions of the world. The gardens were also enriched with elements of historical-artistic interest scattered wit
The Centro Studi ANGET (National Association of Engineers and transmitters of Italy), Ventimiglia, collects mainly military equipment, radio equipment, field telephones and teleprinters, civil and military next to different collections, such as scale models of military wars of Libya and Russia, badges, crests on military "crest" in various weapons cloth, calendars, regimental and a thematic series of modern and vintage postcards of the regions of Italy and Europe. Opened in 1986, also has video and photographic documentation, and? a collection of periodicals, texts of military and military map
Since 1984, the Museum has found a final home on the mezzanine of the Savoy Annunziata, in a splendid panoramic position. The original nucleus dates back to 1876, following numerous discoveries of Girolamo Rossi (1839-1914) in the town of Roman, gi Albintimilium resulted in 1880 at first. Though the establishment of real Museum to 1937, only data in the 1980s we were able to give a definitive findings. Today, after the refurbishment of the Museum 2002 presents itself to visitors in the exhibition space expanded, developed over 1200 sq. and renewed in the path. The collections are arranged in s
Complex of prehistoric caves and the Museum. The caves are opened at the foot of a cliff of dolomitic limestone; the name of the locality is due to superficial redness of the rock (in local dialect Baussi or Russian Red Rocks). In the seven rocks and outside they have accumulated over the millennia large deposits rich in faunal remains and lithic artifacts man-made that Paleolithic attended and lived in the area between 230,000 and 10,000 years ago. When in the middle of the last century began to pose the problem of scientific origins of man, the caves of Balzi Rossi were identified as privi