Admire the most beautiful places of La Spezia and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The CAMeC was born with the intention of preserving, exhibiting, and increase civic collections of contemporary art,? to achieve critical breath exhibitions and retrospectives dedicated to authors and movements of the 20th century, along with events, performances and concerts. Permanent collections of contemporary art are represented by some significant collections. Between them a selection of works relating to the award of the Gulf, designed in 1933 as competition review by Marinetti and Fillia, restored a first time from 1949 to 1965 and then again in 2000 every two years. The formula of the
St. George's Castle is currently the most representative monument of the historic town? of La Spezia. Place on a small pad called the Poggio, dominating the village of late medieval education, the Fort has experienced several phases of construction, documented since the second half? from the 14th century and witnessed by the remains of the foundations of the tower and walls, where are still visible the slits for the archers. In 1443 the Castle undergoes a radical speech with the addition of the body, arranged for the use of firearms. While a century pi? later, in 1554, d? beginning the work of
The exterior of the building is characterised by its circular shape and the external facing, in the form of hyperboloid of one sheet, "closed and without openings.
The large churchyard, in part, is aimed at Garden Hill and on it there are three access portals.
The building in which the Museum Amedeo Lia? the ancient convent of Friars minimum of San Francesco di Paola, built starting in 1616. By 1798, due to cancellations, the Jacobean monastery became first a military hospital and later a hospital. To better carry out the function of city hospital in the following years are made showy changes, such as the removal of the Bell Tower and the separation of the original spaces with partitions and columns. following the construction of the new city hospital was transformed into barracks and then in residence since 1914. In the first world war is fin
The Museo Civico "Amedeo Lia" was established in 1995 and opened to the public the following year, thanks to the important contribution of Amedeo Lia and her family to the city of La Spezia. the collection, housed in the seventeenth-century convent of San Francesco di Paola, includes about 1200 works, from classical times until the 18th century, attesting to the passion and vision of the collector. Exhibition spaces are divided into thirteen halls arranged on two levels, with a path that starts from the former Church and the dell section of works ancient and medieval art. In the beautifu
The castle of San Giorgio della Spezia gathers inside the precious archaeological civic collections "u. Formentini". The exhibition allows a diachronic reading stocio-cultural developments in the territory, of which we highlight in particular the great stele statues symbol of sacred stone circles of anthropomorphic et? copper/bronze and iron, which are one of the pi? relevant and tangible signs of the population of Lunigiana documentaries. The Roman section? a rich core of materialiprovenineti mainly from the colony of Luni and forming part of the Fabbricotti collection. In the marble artefa
The Seal Museum, opened to the public in the year 2000 on the first floor of Palazzina delle Arti, neomedioevale 1920s building designed by Franco Oliva in the city centre. The collection on display is the collection of private seals spouse Lilian and Euro Capellini donated a few years ago at the Town of La Spezia. The Museum offers visitors the most complete collection of signets that you have ever met. The make up about fifteen hundred and matrices in fact fingerprints sigillari, dating from the 4th millennium BC until the present day. seals originate from Mesopotamia, Egypt, pre-Colum
The ethnographic museum, entitled at the ethnographer, naturalist, musician Giovanni Podenzana (1864-1943)? hosted by 2005 in the new headquarters of the former 15th-century oratory of St. Bernardino, in the historical center of La Spezia. More than 3500 ethno-anthropological objects collected in the late 800 and early ' 900 relate the traditions and usages of the community? statue Museum (from the 18th to the 20th century) and the native cultures of Oceania, New Guinea, the Americas, China, Japan and Africa (19th century). Formed at the end of the full 800 positivism within "Museums" of