Admire the most beautiful places of Conversano and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The aragonese Castle, which was built by the Normans around 1054 to pure purpose of defensive fortress and became the home of the counts Acquaviva and was transformed through successive changes in sumptuous stately accommodation.
The Fort was built on ancient megalithic walls, dating to the 6th-4th century BC, still visible at the base of the Tower, only Norman Tower survived. The work as a whole has a trapezoidal with the four corners facing the cardinal points. In the four corners four towers rise: 1. Rook or Teacher Norman Tower, approximately 25 metres high, is built with limestone Ashlar w
It is an important architectural structure built in the 10th century. The St. Benedict Monastery displays art masterpieces, a medieval cloister (XI-XIII century) with a trapezoidal shape and carved capitals, mosaic and monastic structures of various kinds. The history of this monastery is special; it is famous for its name “Monstrum Apuliae” (Monster of Puglia) because between the thirteenth and nineteenth centuries it was the home of abbesses called Mitrate, nuns who exerted a powerful real feudal and ecclesiastical jurisdiction throughout the region. It stands out with its two bell towers, d
The Diocesan Museum of Conversano was established on 29th June 2002 on the premises of the Monastery of St. Benedict, a famous and ancient Benedictine abbey nullius (IX century), first male and then female, with the advent of the Cistercian Dameta Paleologo (1266) until the Napoleonic suppression of 1810. The cenobitic complex, a place of worship for years, is located in the church which is opened daily for religious ceremonies and is a cultural centre for the presence of the Archaeological Museum and the Library of the Monastery. It is also part of the urban environment of the beautiful old t
The Municipal Art Galllery F.’’ Netti’’ is located on the second floor of the Castle of Conversano, the ancient residence of the Counts Acquaviva d’Aragona, in the room headed to the donor of the prestigious private collection of the painter and writer of Santeramo in Colle. Built by the Normans around 1054 as a defensive fortress, the Castle of Conversano had undergone changes until 1187. later (XVII sec.) it became the residence of the Counts Acquaviva and was transformed by subsequent alterations in a magnificent stately accommodation. The fort was built on ancient megalithic walls dating f
The Municipal Art Gallery “P. Finoglio’’ is situated in Conversano Castle, a former residence of the Counts Acquaviva d’Aragona. It is located on the premises of the Old Hall of the Acquaviva built in the late ’400 and early ’500 and restored in December 1999. The restoration underlined its original architectural features and recovered interesting sculptures incorporated into the masonry below the arches Lunati. The beautiful carved shelves, chronologically related to the early decades of the sixteenth century, document a typical classical style and recall the decoration of illuminated manuscr