Munich

Discover 77 places to see in Munich

Admire the most beautiful places of Munich and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.


TRIP

Rathaus-Glockenspiel

The Rathaus-Glockenspiel of Munich is a tourist attraction in Marienplatz, the heart of Munich.
Part of the second construction phase of the New Town Hall, it dates from 1908. Every day at 11 a.m. (as well as 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. in summer) it chimes and re-enacts two stories from the 16th century to the amusement of mass crowds of tourists and locals. It consists of 43 bells and 32 life-sized figures. The top half of the Glockenspiel tells the story of the marriage of the local Duke Wilhelm V (who also founded the world famous Hofbräuhaus) to Renata of Lorraine. In honour of the happy couple the


See details


TRIP

Nymphenburg Palace

The Nymphenburg Palace (German: Schloss Nymphenburg), i. e., "Castle of the Nymph (or Nymphs)", is a Baroque palace in Munich, Bavaria, southern Germany. The palace is the main summer residence of the former rulers of Bavaria of the House of Wittelsbach.

Building History


The palace was commissioned by the prince-electoral couple Ferdinand Maria and Henriette Adelaide of Savoy to the designs of the Italian architect Agostino Barelli in 1664 after the birth of their son Maximilian II Emanuel. The central pavilion was completed in 1675. As a building material it utilised limestone from Kelheim. Th


See details


TRIP

Munich Frauenkirche

The Frauenkirche (Full name: German: Dom zu Unserer Lieben Frau, English: Cathedral of Our Dear Lady) is a church in the Bavarian city of Munich that serves as the cathedral of the Archdiocese of Munich and Freising and seat of its Archbishop. It is a landmark and is considered a symbol of the Bavarian capital city. Although called "Münchner Dom" (Munich Cathedral) on its website and URL, the church is always referred to as "Frauenkirche" by locals.
The church towers are widely visible because of local height limits. According to the narrow outcome of a local plebiscite, city administration pro


See details


TRIP

Allerheiligen-Hofkirche

The Allerheiligen-Hofkirche (Court Church of All Saints) is a church in the Munich Residenz (the royal palace of the Bavarian monarchs) designed by Leo von Klenze and built between 1826 and 1837. The church was badly damaged from bombing during World War II and for decades remained a ruin before undergoing partial restoration and secularization. It is now used for concerts and events.

History

The Allerheiligen-Hofkirche was commissioned in 1825 by Ludwig I of Bavaria, inspired by the Cappella Palatina, the richly decorated Byzantine royal chapel in Palermo, where he had attended Christmas mass


See details


TRIP

Allianz Arena

The Allianz Arena [ʔaˈli̯ants ʔaˌʁeːnaː] is a football stadium in Munich, Bavaria, Germany with a 75,000 seating capacity. Widely known for its exterior of inflated ETFE plastic panels, it is the first stadium in the world with a full colour changing exterior. Located at 25 Werner-Heisenberg-Allee at the northern edge of Munich's Schwabing-Freimann borough on the Fröttmaning Heath, it is the second largest arena in Germany behind only Signal Iduna Park in Dortmund.
The two professional Munich football clubs FC Bayern Munich and TSV 1860 München have played their home games at the Allianz Arena


See details


TRIP

Alte Pinakothek

The Alte Pinakothek (Old Pinacotheca) is an art museum located in the Kunstareal area in Munich, Germany. It is one of the oldest galleries in the world and houses one of the most famous collections of Old Master paintings. The name Alte (Old) Pinakothek refers to the time period covered by the collection—from the fourteenth to the eighteenth century. The Neue Pinakothek covers nineteenth-century art, and the recently opened Pinakothek der Moderne exhibits modern art. All three galleries are part of the Bavarian State Picture Collection, an organization of the Free state of Bavaria.

The buildin


See details


TRIP

Alter Hof

The Alte Hof (Old Court) in the center of Munich is the former imperial residence of Louis IV, Holy Roman Emperor and consists of five wings Burgstock, Zwingerstock, Lorenzistock, Pfisterstock and Brunnenstock. Like most of the old town, it was rebuilt after being destroyed in World War II.

Archeological excavations have shown that a castle already existed there in the 12th century. After the first partition of Bavaria in 1255 the Alte Hof became the residence of Louis II, Duke of Bavaria in the then very northeastern part of the city. The castle was the first permanent imperial residence in th


See details


TRIP

Arabella Hochhaus

Arabella-Hochhaus is a 23-storey, 75 m (246 ft), skyscraper designed by architect Toby Schmidbauer. It was constructed from 1966 to 1969 by Josef Schörghuber in Munich, Germany. Until the 1990s, the former Musicland Studios was located in its basement. The building is located at Arabellapark, part of the Bogenhausen neighborhood in the East of Munich. In order to meet demand for hotel rooms during the 1972 Olympic Games the building was partly converted into Arabella Bogenhausen Hotel offering 467 rooms, which was one of the largest hotels in the Munich area at those times. In addition to the


See details