Savona
5 12 °

Discover 15 places to see in Savona

Admire the most beautiful places of Savona and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.


TRIP

Sistine Chapel

The Sistine Chapel, in Savona, is a place of Catholic worship next to the Cathedral of Maria Assunta and facing the same piazza.
Only other addition to existing famous Sistine Chapel, built by Roman Pope Sixtus IV della Rovere Savona as Tomb of his parents. Recently restored.
The main façade of the Chapel is in a sober Gothic style and gives the cloister of the convent of San Francesco. In the middle of it, above the arcade that surrounds the courtyard, there is a small circular rosette. On the right side, on the other hand, is entirely frescoed with the trompe l'oeil technique, with false archi


See details


TRIP

Cathedral of the assumption

Built following the demolition of the old cathedral of Genoa, formerly located on the Priamar. Inside some valuable works (tympanum, pulpit, baptismal font, marble cross). Attached to the church there is the Treasure Museum where you can admire some important paintings and interesting sacred art objects (planets, pastoral, reliquaries, etc). Finally, among the most beautiful in Italy and among the most important in Europe in relation to its realization, is the wooden choir behind the high altar. Preserves, among other, the relics of St. Valentine Martyr, patron saint of lovers.


See details


TRIP

CIVICO MUSEO STORICO ARCHEOLOGICO

Opened in 1990, located in the Palazzo della Loggia, 15th-century building within the Priamar fortress built to met sec. XVI. Museum spaces, set up partly on Byzantine necropolis area, visible below the decking of transparent material, combine the awesomeness of the path, the result of archaeological excavations, the exposure of materialiche, sorted chronologically, documenting some aspects of ancient life on the Priamar Hill: from ancient et pi testimonies of Middle Bronze, clay finds , metal, stones of the early Middle Ages, Islamic and Byzantine pottery by imported in the first produc


See details


TRIP

ART COLLECTION "SANDRO PERTINI"

The art collection "Sandro Pertini" was set up in 1991 following the donation to the city of Savona of works of art belonging to the former President of the Republic, and was housed in the Palazzo della Loggia within the former fortress of the Priamar. collection includes a hundred objects including paintings and sculptures, and a collectibles formed through purchases, gifts of individual artists or official gifts. offers a ampionatura of works by contemporary artists , among which include: < remo Brindisi, Antonio Corpora, Giorgio De Chirico, Filippo de Pisis, Agenore Fabbri,


See details


TRIP

LAPIDARY AND MUNICIPAL CAMPANASSA ASSOCIATION

The Association Savona "Campanassa" of history, art, culture, economy and social life, has its headquarters, since the time of its Foundation, in the Brandale complex. The company was formed on 14 May 1924 in order to protect the traditions, usages, customs and dialect of our city.


See details



TRIP

MUSEO DEL SANTUARIO

The renovated Sanctuary Museum of n. s. mercy, adjacent to the church built the nseguito to the apparition of the Virgin to the humble farmer Antonio Botta on March 18, 1536, tells, through the exhibits, the history and evolution of the forms of devotion to our Lady of mercy. The Museo del tesoro, born in the ' 5 ' 900 ' you? adding the room oscpita the collection of works of art donated by Eso Peluzzi master. The historical Museum of the treasure and the Hairs are now one museum that takes the name of "Museo del Santuario", which allows the visitor to trace the history of devotion through the


See details


TRIP

ITN MUSEUM LEON PANCALDO

Opened in May 2009, on the top floor of the historic home of the Nautical Institute "Leon Pancaldo" with the aim of collecting, restoring and preserving the rich heritage of the equipment, machinery, equipment, laboratory of historic ancient volumes and memories of an Institute which was founded in 1856, in its long history has trained thousands of students and has borne the name of Savona in the world.
The exhibition is spread over an area of 500 square meters and includes various sections: the paintings Gallery of graduates during the long history of the Institute, historical photos of port S


See details