Admire the most beautiful places of Canosa di Puglia and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The City of Canosa di Puglia, with a ‘podesta’ resolution no.280 from November 25th, 1933 provided the creation of a Civic Museum whose management is directly delegated to the Local Council. And thus, on December 28th, 1933 the Civic Museum was born, located at first in the Nineteenth Century Casieri Building, Via Terenzio Marrone 45. The classic architectural structure saw the distribution in seven rooms, of extraordinary artefacts dating from the VI-V century a. C. and IX-X century A.D. In May 2007, the Museum was relocated, due to restructuring, near the Iliceto building, located on Via Tri
The Ecclesiastical History of the Museum of the Co-Cathedral of San Sabino was linked to its historic building and to the multi-year research on Christians, the late antique and medieval archaeological and historical sites. The Fracchiolla-Minerva Palace, a nineteenth-century building of great value, was donated by the Minerva Bishop to the Parish-Cathedral of San Sabino and it is now a museum. The Co-Cathedral of San Sabino Institution has established the Ecclesiastical Co-Cathedral Museum, ranked among the non-state museums according to the DM 15.09.1965. This classification was made after t
Palazzo Sinesi is from 1994 the headquarters of joint exhibitions between the Soprintendenza per i Beni archeologici della Puglia, The Archaeological Foundation Canosina and the municipality of Canosa di Puglia.
The exhibition activities, despite the temporary exposure characterization, guarantees in the city of Canosa thematic exhibition paths of great scientific interest.
Ongoing exhibition, entitled "1912. An underground on the border. Varrese tomb ", enables the public to assess the extraordinary reach of aristocracy canosina kits in the late fourth century and the first half of the third.
The Archaeological Park of San Leucio, located on a hill south-east of Canosa is without doubt one of the most important historical and archaeological sites in the area. First, the building of a massive Italic temple was built on the hill, dedicated to the goddess Minerva. The building was destroyed in the late fifth century A.D. and on the ruins of the temple, an early Christian Basilica was built with a central plan, firstly dedicated to Saints Cosma and Damiano and later to S. Leucio. The two buildings located outside the ancient city, are now part of a site on which countless archaeologica