Admire the most beautiful places of Crotone and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
Dll ' reconstruction the old Castle of Crotone (medieval sec. IX) and Angevin and aragonese military fortress, whose ruins (torre Marchesana, demolished 1873) were included in the current fortress; polygonal plan similar to contemporary military constructions of N, great angular cylindrical towers joined by walls with only creasing and with square stone also from classical buildings; bow and bridge. -
The Cathedral, dedicated to santa Maria Assunta and St. Dionysius the Areopagite, dates back to the original layout of the 9th century. Rebuilt in the 15th century with materials from the Temple of Hera Lacinia, the structure suffered over time numerous restorations.
In honor of our Lady occurs every year the Festa della Madonna di Capocolonna which takes place every year on the third Sunday of May. In addition to the Large inside the basilica there is also a second painting, the painting, which is one of the paintings which is used every year, while the original is celebrated every seven years
The Museum, by 2008 in the new Palazzo Barracco, was previously housed in the rooms of the 19th-century palazzo Calojro Source of Crotone. The Museum was founded to document, with contemporary works, trends of Italian art from the post-war period to the present day and hosts contemporary art exhibitions. The works kept in the first seat of the Museum (with Carla Accardi Violablu n. 2 of 1961, Nicola Carrino with Constructive Kroton 98, Mimmo Rotella with the decollage Crazy for women, Giuseppe Uncini, Hidetoshi Nagasawa, Vettor Pisani, Bruno Ceccobelli, Nino Longobardi, Claudio Verna, Ferdinan
Housed since 1969 in a building in Via Risorgimento, in the historic city of Crotone, the National Archaeological Museum is among the richest and most fortunate of Calabria for the abundance of exposed materials and for the intrinsic historic and artistic value. Located a few steps from the castle of Charles V, the National Museum is arranged in two floors, with exhibition garden at the entrance. Among the most important finds are the remains of the excavation of the ancient Kroton, mythological and Heraion, Lakinion on the promontory of Capo Colonna, which insists the Archaeological Park of t
The Civic Museum of Crotone is located within the Tower Castle Aide of Charles V and is divided into six sections, according to a thematic-chronological criterion: the Heraldry section, includes a number of coats of arms belonging to the most prestigious families of the city; the section Houses disappeared, exposes of various relics, pottery fragments and coins found in some houses of the area no longer exist; the section of prints and photos of the period between the end of the nineteenth century and 1950; the section of the medieval costume that has 52 well clothes; the Armoury section has a
Ten kilometres to the South of the city of Crotone, on the promontory of Capo Colonna, where yesterday insisted the great Heraion, today Lakinion the Archaeological Park of the same name created by the Soprintendenza per i Beni Archeologici della Calabria. The Park extends along 30 hectares of land used to dig and the other 20 acres for forest and maquis. Among the most famous sacred areas of the entire Mediterranean basin, the Heraion revolved around Lakinion the majestic sanctuary dedicated to the goddess Hera Lacinia.
The park entrance is the new Archaeological Museum, 3 pavilions cashed in