Admire the most beautiful places of Catanzaro and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
Dating back to the 16th century, commonly known as Church of the observance, by the name of the square in which it is located. With the adjoining convent, according to tradition, would be built in place of an earlier Chapel, dedicated to our Lady of the broom. Inside the 16th century chapel of the Holy Sepulchre, which housed the relics of the Holy Land, and the chapel of the Holy crucifix. Maintains the statue of the Madonna delle Grazie, by Antonello Gagini.
The Duomo, or Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta, stands on the site of the first cathedral, built in 1121 in Norman times and dedicated to Santa Maria Assunta and the Apostles Peter and Paul.
In 1309 it was built the chapel of San Vitaliano leaning against the left front side near the entrance said "Elm door" and, in 1588, in front of it was built the chapel of the Blessed Sacrament, giving the building a kind of Latin cross floor plan diagram.
Damaged by bombing in August 1943 it was completely turned upside down after the war.
The gipsoteca "Francesco Jerace" is located within the brand, the Museum of Arts of Catanzaro, where it occupies the ground floor together with the collection of the pinacoteca provinciale. In it are exposed about 30 works in plaster and marble made by sculptor Francesco Jerace (1857-1937), donated in 1966 to the provincial administration of Catanzato from one of the artist's daughters.
The brand, launched in March 2008, is a multi-functional Museum where they can live together different artistic situations, from ancient art to the contemporary language. The Museum is located in an ancient Palace which, before the restoration (targeted to replace completely the new headquarters to accommodate the above Museum), housed a Institute for deaf-mutes and a printing house. The Palace is located in the historical centre of Catanzaro and is organized on three levels. The building is surrounded by a garden and courtyard while a large terrace offers views of the landscape. The current M