Admire the most beautiful places of Cosenza and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
About 380 metres of the Hill Pancrazio, down the street of the same name, the ruins of the Norman-Swabian Castle dominates the capital bruzio.
Its construction is usually attributed to the Byzantines around 937. In 1184 as many other historical monuments of the city, was severely damaged by an earthquake, until its renovation during the 13th century by Frederick II of Swabia (hence its official name: normanno-svevo).
The Church, part of a monastic complex, was born to the family Sanseverino of Bisignano in the mid fifteenth century and the façade still retains elements of the original building, like the rose and the arch framing the entrance portal in Gothic style.
The Interior is characterized by the late Baroque decoration, as can be seen from the stucco, the vault and the dome; the chorus is instead due to the medieval period. The Interior was altered in the 18th century and the period in question are the Saints painted by grenade and marble altar next to which stands the sacristy, which contains a 17t
Church and convent of St. Francis of Assisi, was acquired from 70 years to the institutional tasks of restoration lab, preservation and exhibition venue, has hosted for two years a course of Restoration School of the Opificio delle Pietre Dure, the training courses of restoration organized by Regione Calabria, and numerous exhibitions and events of past years.
The Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta and the sanctuary of the Virgin of Leslie, is located in the heart of the historic centre, on Piazza Duomo, next to corso Telesio. Built in the middle of the 11th century, it boasts, thanks to its millenary history, more architectural styles.
On October 12, 2011 has been recognised as a witness to the culture of peace UNESCO.
The Cathedral has a façade divided into three main parts in the development of the transverse part of the basement. This Division corresponds to the internal one. Dominating the landscape of distinctive historic cosentino, stands the
The Provincial Art Gallery Santa Chiara. Located in Santa Chiara monastic complex, located in the heart of the ancient city of Cosenza of Santa Chiara and Antonio Serra and very close to Corso Telesio welcomes, too, the library of the province of Cosenza. A dedicated time to Santa Maria Maddalena, from 1578, the Church was the second home of the Sisters of the cosentina religious order of the Poor Clares. The monastery of Santa Chiara was one of the richest of the city of Cosenza thank to derivategli income from homes and shops located in different districts of the old town and also enjoyed th
The Galleria Nazionale di Cosenza, situated in the prestigious Palazzo Arnone, seat of Superintendence for the historical, artistic and ethno-anthropological heritage of Calabria, is the collection of paintings which, starting from the eighties of the twentieth century, were taken to the State heritage. Documents significant moments of Italian art, in particular, from the 16th century to the twentieth century and exhibits works by painters born in Calabria, by Pietro Negroni to Mattia Preti at Umberto Boccioni and, in view of the historic dependence of Calabria from Naples, Neapolitan artists