Campli
5 3 °

Discover 4 places to see in Campli

Admire the most beautiful places of Campli and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.


TRIP

COLLEGIATE CHURCH OF SANTA MARIA IN PLATEA

The ex-cathedral of Campli was declared collegiate in 1395. Outside it results from several interventions that followed one another from the XIV century up to the restoration subsequent to the earthquake of 1703. The plain façade, adorned with niches and pillars fitted in the walls on two levels, dates back to that period: Giovanni Fontana from Penne restored it between 1790 and 1793. At its side there are two sections made of square blocks, pertaining to the Medieval reconstruction. The belfry is part of the façade as well: in the fifteenth century the tower was provided with the polygonal la


See details



TRIP

NATIONAL ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM

The National Archaeological Museum of Campli, situated in the restored convent of Saint Francis, preserves and exhibits the finds from the prehistoric necropolis in the site of Campovalano. Made up of four sections, the material on display narrates the historical phases of the area, from the earliest settlement of the Picenians, dated to the XIV century B.C. to the period between the tenth and the first century B.C., when the site was used as a burial place. The most precious finds are undoubtedly the ones dating back to the seventh and sixth century, a real golden age. Among those there are j


See details


TRIP

SANCTUARY OF THE HOLY STAIRS

Pope Clement XIV with a brief dated 1772 granted the Holy Staircase of Campli the same privilege of the Roman one, that is to say the authorization to confer the plenary indulgence to those who had ascended it. In the same brief, the pope ordered to build the Staircase within a church consecrated to the Virgin of the Seven Sorrows. The prestigious honor resulted from the diplomatic action of the lawyer Giampalma Palma, father of the historian Niccola, and of Cardinal Andrea Corsini. On the brick and stone façade adorned with simple pilasters there is a sixteenth-century ashlar-worked portal wh


See details