Admire the most beautiful places of Monterosso al Mare and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
Built on the hill that divides the two centers of Fegina and Monterosso, the entire convent, with adjoining the church in the Franciscan style, were built from 1619 up to 1622, the year that saw, March 28, the opening of the site the religious order. The church was consecrated in 1623 by the bishop of Luni and Sarzana Monsignor Giovanni Battista Salvago.
With the advent of the Napoleonic domination, between the late eighteenth century and early nineteenth century, the religious complex was confiscated to the Franciscans (1810) and converted to the seat of a garrison dellaRepubblica Ligure i
The church of San Giovanni Battista is a religious building in Piazza Don Giovanni Minzoni in Monterosso al Mare, on the Riviera of La Spezia-Cinque Terre in the province of La Spezia. The church is the home of the parish of the Diocese of La Spezia-Sarzana-Brugnato.
The current parish of Monterosso was built between the thirteenth and fourteenth century and rebuilt in the Baroque period. The facade, dating to 1307, is characterized by a two-tone white vestment and dark serpentine and a large rose window in white marble, which is positioned under the main portal with a lunette fresco depict
The exact date of construction is still uncertain today; and the only official quotation of the building can be traced in a document dated 1244, its construction could be therefore prior to that date.
Among the many reasons which led to erect the sanctuary there is an ancient folk legend: during the raids of the Longobards of Rotari, the populations of the eastern coast fled towards the interior of the valley, and to subtract the probable theft a sacred image of the Madonna the wooden statue was buried; The legend says that it was found a hundred years later by the population, following the
Statue of Neptune or Giant. The statue, imposing and impressive structure in reinforced concrete, is leaning against a rock and overlooking the homonymous beach. Built in 1910 by architect Francesco Levacher and sculptor Arrigo Minerbi, 14 meters high and weighing 170 tons, represents Neptune. The statue, Pastine that adorned villa along with a large shell-shaped terrace, was ruined by the bombings of World War II.