Admire the most beautiful places of Città di Castello and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The Cylindrical Bell Tower Located in the city center of Città di Castello, next to the Cathedral of the Santi Florido and Amanzio, of which it is part of, the Campanile Cilindrico represents one of the architectonic symbols of this town. Its cylindrical structure recalls Ravenna's architectural style. The external voussoirs reveal the different construction phases: in the lower part, dating from the 11 -12 centuries, they are smaller than those on the upper part; those on the upper part are larger, dating from the 13 -14 centuries. The structure is 43,50 meters high and is app
Tradition and Folklore Heritage Center "Livio Dalla Ragione" The Centro delle Tradizioni Popolari “Livio Dalla Ragione” is located in the southern suburban area of Città di Castello, inside the farmhouse annexed to Villa Cappelletti. Instituted in 1974, the museum is one of the first examples of the kind exhibits items associated with peasant traditions and everyday life. The craftsmanship and tools for the daily production and preservation of consumer goods are documented room by room, with total respect for the popular habits of domestic economy of their time. The t
1799 “Grifani-Donati” Graphic Design & Fine Art Documentation Center The Centro di Documentazione delle Arti Grafiche della Tipografia Grifani-Donati is located at a short walking distance from the main square of Città di Castello, right in front of the Municipality, in a medieval building at the corner of Corso Cavour. The rooms occupied by the printing house tower above the Church of San Paolo, which was previously used as the premises of a convent and then as a detention center. Founded in 1799, this is one of the most ancient printing houses that still operate in Italy.
Burri Collection & the Former Tobacco Drying Plant The Ex Seccatoi del Tabacco—the Burri Collection venue —together with Palazzo Albizzini are both located in the southern suburban area of Città di Castello. The collection was opened to the public in July 1990, following the acquisition and restructuring of the industrial warehouses used until the 1960s to dry out tropical tobacco leaves. This is an important museum of contemporary art, of almost 7.500 square meters, and is entirely dedicated to the works of Alberto Burri (1915-1995). The internationally renowned artist, bor
Burri Collection in Albizzini Palace The Collezione Burri has its premises inside Palazzo Albizzini, right in the historical city center of Città di Castello. This 15 century palace has a sober Renaissance architectural look of Florentine influence. The records of the Albizzini family remount to the 14 century; in fact members of this family have been prominent protagonists in the historical events of the town. Their altar inside the Church of San Francesco, held Raphael's Wedding of the Virgin altarpiece—today displayed at the Brera Art Gallery in Milan. This importa
Umbrian Textile Manufacturing Collection "Tela Umbra" The Collezione Tessile "Tela Umbra" is located in Città di Castello, on the second floor of Palazzo Tommasini, in Via Sant'Antonio, right in the historical center of the city. The exhibition is held in nine of the palace rooms, where the history of the textile company, "Tela Umbra", which the baroness Alice Hallgarten and the Baron Leopoldo Franchetti founded in 1908, is reconstructed. Along the display, a particular relevance is given to the figure of the Baroness. She was a close friend of the well-known educator and
Museum of the Duomo Located in Piazza Gabriotti, the Museo del Duomo of Città di Castello stands next to the Cathedral dedicated to the Saints Floridus and Amantio, and with its surface of 800 square meters it is one of the largest Italian museums dedicated to sacred art. Originally the museum consisted of only two rooms, to which access was provided by the cathedral sacristy. Institutionalized in 1991, it has seen its expositive space extended with the opening of 5 other rooms on two floors, obtained from the reuse of space taken from 17 and 18 century sacristies and from
San Crescentino Oratory The Oratorio di San Crescentino is located in Morra, a locality a few kilometers from Città di Castello. Built in 1420 and enlarged in 1507, the Oratory was dedicated to the Roman soldier Crescentinus, a witness of the Christian faith in the High Tiber Valley and martyrized in 303 A.D. by order of the Emperor Diocletian. The inside of the Oratory has a single nave that preserves late Gothic frescoes related to the original structure in the sacristy and, along the walls, a decoration executed by the workshop of the painter from Cortona, Luca Signorel