Admire the most beautiful places of Corciano and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The Antiquarium The Antiquarium is located in a beautiful position, at the far end of the western part of the town, outside the 15 century mighty walls of Corciano. Opened in 2009, the museum is subdivided into three sections: Paleontological, Prehistoric and Proto-historical and Archaeological. All these sections present finds that had already been collected and held, in a small quantity, inside the rooms of the Town Hall since the 1990s. In the Paleontological section, it is possible to admire the fossil remnants of the Mesozoic Ammonites from Migiana—Lower Early Jurassic
The Church of San Francesco The Chiesa-Museo di San Francesco is located in Corciano, right outside the town walls. Tradition has it that the church had already been built in 1223, to honor and celebrate the passage of St Francis from Assisi, while returning from Lake Trasimeno Isola Maggiore island, in Corciano in 1211. Instead, it is very likely that the church was built at the end of the 13 century, as the first document mentioning it dates back to 30 September 1300. Inside, it is possible to admire some frescoes dating between the end of the 13 and the beginning of the
The Rural House Museum The Museo della Casa Contadina is located in the historical city center of Corciano. It was born in 1976 thanks to the passion of some local people and the Pro-Loco, to which the initiative of researching and collecting items of everyday life in the popular domestic economy and of craftsmanship is due. Further donations, have enriched the collection over time, avoiding the dispersion of a heritage that testifies the rural past of Corciano, today assaulted—as a number of other towns in the region—by an imposing industrial development. Although, taking
The Pievania Museum "Giuseppe Laudati" The Museo Della Pievania "Giuseppe Laudati" is inside the Church of San Cristoforo, right in the city center of Corciano. Erected in 1537, the church was built upon the remnants of an ancient Etruscan temple. On its facade the sober Renaissance portal stands out. The museum is dedicated to the artist Giuseppe Laudati (1669-1737), from Corciano. The collection includes the most significant evidence of the history of the Christian community in Corciano. Among the works of art exhibited in the museum, all coming from the churches in town, ther
Pieve del Vescovo Diocesan Museum The Museo Diocesano Diffuso of Pieve del Vescovo stands facing—while immersed in a green valley below—the historical city center of Corciano. It is considered to be one of the most significant architectural monuments in Perugian territory. The castle was built at the end of the 14 century, around and above a pre-existing religious edifice. During the Renaissance, however, the majestic bastion lost its rigidly conceived defensive characteristics, acquiring the prerogatives of a noble opulent residence, embellished by a splendid garden. Enri
Strozzacapponi Necropolis It is possible to visit the Necropoli Etrusca di Strozzacapponi by following a well guided and structured exhibition tour, which enhances the value of some of the hundreds of tombsthat are organized following a carefully preordained urban plan: of analogous structure and dimensions, they lay before a so called "dromos"—corridor—endowed with steps leading to the entrance, which is closed with a large stone slab. The internal space was furnished with platforms on three sides where the urns, containing the ashes of the deceased and their funerary go