Admire the most beautiful places of Deruta and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
Alviero Moretti Contemporary Ceramic “d’Autore” Foundation The Fondazione Ceramica Contemporanea d’Autore Alviero Moretti is held in some spaces next to the “L’Antica Deruta” Majolica Factory, at the Km 73.800 along the State Road SS E45, at a close distance from the city center of Deruta. It displays a collection of more than 200 works signed by prestigious Italian and international artists. The Fondazione Ceramica Contemporanea d’Autore Alviero Moretti represents another opportunity—for these who love artistic craftwork “d’Autore”, i.e. signed by the authors—to admire unique
University of Perugia Natural History Gallery in Deruta The Galleria di Storia Naturale dell’Università degli Studi di Perugia, in Deruta, hosts the most significant nucleus of the University of Perugia’s historical and scientific heritage. Among the collections held, there is that of Luigi Canali (1759-1841)—which consists of mineral samples, rocks, fossils and balm preparations of vegetal and animal origin—that of Andrea Batelli (1855-1917), and above all the collections of Orazio Antinori (1811-1882)—the renowned explorer and naturalist native of Perugia—and those of Monsignor Gi
“Ubaldo Grazia Maioliche” Factory Museum The Museo di Fabbrica “Ubaldo Grazia Maioliche” is located along the main road running below the medieval burgh of Deruta, where the majority of the ceramic artistic workshops have always been concentrated. With its significant collection of artistic ceramics, the small museum represents the destination of an itinerary visit that starts with the factory, the production site of the items displayed. This is the same site where the entire ceramic production cycle is still run today—from the clay processing, inside special containers, to the
Regional Ceramic Museum Instituted in 1898 by a group of local notables, the Museo Regionale della Ceramica is the oldest museum of its kind. It has been hosted in the entirely restored 14th century Convent of San Francesco since 1998. The exhibition space covers a total surface area of 1700 square meters, subdivided into 1200 for the display and 500 for the deposits. Temporary exhibitions are periodically organized on the ground floor, and there is a Library specialized in the History of Ceramics, which contains more than 1400 volumes. The Museum display itinerary is arra
Municipal Gallery The Pinacoteca comunale of Deruta has been held inside Palazzo dei Consoli since 1999, which is a 14th century building, with the lower part of its façade showing Gothic forms, while the upper part is the result of an 18th century architectural remake. Palazzo dei Consoli, once the premises of the Museo Regionale della Ceramica—which has been definitively transferred to the Convent of San Francesco since 1998—is now entirely dedicated to hosting the local Municipal Gallery’s historical art collection. Formed early on in the 20th century, with works that were o
Madonna dei Bagni Sanctuary The Santuario della Madonna dei Bagni owes its name to the hill on which it stands, Colle del Bagno, not far from Deruta, where it was built in 1687 on the site of a miraculous event. Tradition has it that a majolica fragment reproducing the image of the Virgin and Child was found here. Left on the trunk of a tree, the image became a cult object and was venerated. Then after a first miracle, it became a pilgrimage destination site for a number of sick people asking for solace, who left their own Exvoto on the Oak tree trunk. With the construction of