Admire the most beautiful places of Foligno and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
San Domenico Auditorium The Church of San Domenico hosting the Auditorium, with the annexed Convent, is certainly one of the most significant monuments of Foligno. Used as stables by the army in the 1870s, then as a gymnasium and finally as a deposit, the former church preserves an authentic anthology of late Gothic painting. It was only after the collapse of the ceiling in 1976 that the authorities started to operate for a real recovery of its structure, work that would be brought to an end twenty years later. Today the halls of the Auditorium are variegated and polyvalent. While its externa
“CIAC” Italian Center of Contemporary Art The Centro Italiano Arte Contemporanea (CIAC) was born from the initiative of the Cassa di Risparmio di Foligno Foundation. This Center represents the arrival point of a widespread and growing attention of the town of Foligno for contemporary artistic research, which saw its inception in the 1960s with important exhibitions, conventions, frequent contact with the protagonists of Italian and international art and an authoritative collecting. This is the historical premise the Center has embraced, focusing on the widespread cultural demand coming from t
“MAC” The Archaeological Museum of Colfiorito The Museo Archeologico Colfiorito (MAC) is in Colfiorito, a small mountain locality under the Municipality of Foligno, situated along an important ancient route junction connecting Umbria and the Sabin area with the Adriatic Sea. The visit to the museum represents an occasion to know the dynamics of cultural development in this part of Umbria, in the Apennines, where humans have lived since prehistory, an area that has been steadily settled in by the Plestini—Umbrian people—since the archaic age. The museum itinerary is completed with the visit to
The Diocesan Chapter Museum The Museo Capitolare Diocesano is located in Piazza della Repubblica, ancient Platea Magna, which is the beating heart of the city of Foligno. Annexed to the Duomo di San Feliciano, documented since the 11th century, the museum is inserted into the space between the transept and the left aisle of the Duomo and the Palazzo delle Canoniche, which was radically transformed in 1746. With the 1923-26-restoration work, the palace was brought back to its sober origins, with the reopening of its double lancet windows and the adding of the crenellated battlement. Fitted out
Museum of Palazzo Trinci The Museo di Palazzo Trinci is the town museum. Housed in Trinci Palace, it overlooks the old and former Piazza Grande, now Piazza della Repubblica that is the main square of Foligno. Palazzo Trinci was built between the 14th and 15th centuries as the residence of the noble Trinci family, who governed the town during the period spanning from 1305 to 1439. As a consequence of the annexing of Foligno to the Papal State, this palace became the seat of the papal legates up until the unification of the nation—the historical period referred to as the Unità d’Italia in 1860—a
The Naturalistic Museum of the Park of Colfiorito The Museo Naturalistico del Parco di Colfiorito has its premises in the Ente Parco office, in the locality of “Casermette“ in Colfiorito, the small mountain village in the Municipality of Foligno. Inaugurated in 2006 as a naturalistic museum, it is thought of as an exhibition and observation area for the Fauna and Flora species present in the Park. The museums itinerary is completed with the visit to the Archaeological Museum of Colfiorito (MAC) primarily dedicated to the settled population in the proto-history period in the Colfiorito Plateau
Of fine Renaissance style, is located near the eighteenth-century Church of the Suffragio. Entitled to the Virgin Annunziata considered, at that time, the patron saint of the city, was restored in the 19th century. Among the decorations emerges the famous fresco depicting the baptism of Jesus, fine work painted between 1497 and 1507 from Pietro Vannucci called il Perugino.
The oratory was built in 1494 upon Commission of the municipality of Foligno, probably by architect Francesco di Bartolomeo da Pietrasanta. The oratory is located at the place where in 1489 was a prodigious event, a fresco de