Admire the most beautiful places of Gubbio and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
Located near the Roman Theatre, the building is a typical rural building of modest size, divided over two floors. During the consolidation works were found the remains of ancient masonry relevant to a very large Roman domus.
The domus, occupied by the cottage, presents Atrium, tablinum, kitchen and latrine, earthenware flooring and mosaic. Inside the tablinum is preserved mosaic flooring with geometric decoration in black and white, of which only a few fragments remain, and a central round (emblem) with polychrome depictions of Scilla opus vermiculatum. Given the importance of the mosaics and t
Sant'Agostino is an Gothic-Romanesque style Roman Catholic church in Gubbio, region of Umbria, Italy.
A church at the site was built in the second half of the 13th century. Among the works inside are
Jesus and the Samaritan (1580), by Virgilio Nucci (first chapel on left)
Madonna del Soccorso, 15th century (5th chapel on left)
Madonna di Grazia, fresco attributed to Ottaviano Nelli (3rd chapel right)
Baptism of St Augustine (1594), di Felice Damiani (4th chapel right)
Last Judgement fresco in Arch, by Jacopo Salimbeni of San Severino Marche and studio of Ottaviano Nelli
Story of St Augustine (1420) i
La Cattedrale dei Santi Mariano e Giacomo è il principale luogo di culto cattolico di Gubbio, chiesa madre della diocesi omonima.
È dedicata ai santi Mariano e Giacomo, martiri a Lambaesis in Numidia, le cui reliquie sono conservate sotto l'altare centrale.
The burial erroneously attributed to Pomponius Garza is located along via del Mausoleo. It has a circular structure in cement works originally covered by large blocks of local limestone. Inside the burial chamber, very well preserved, has block walls of local limestone and timber barrel vault. The structure is given in the Augustan age.
Il Museo civico di Gubbio è situato nel Palazzo dei Consoli e si articola oggi in varie sezioni e collezioni, distribuite sui cinque piani dell'edificio: pinacoteca, sezione ceramiche, collezione archeologica, collezione orientale e collezione risorgimento,
The Tin-Glazed Majolica Museum The collections of the Museo della Maiolica a Lustro are housed on the first floor of the medieval tower of Porta Romana, near the Church of Sant’Agostino in Gubbio. The tower was built as a defensive post for one of the ancient entrances in town. The Museum displays the different phases of the traditional production of tin-glazed ceramics and preserves important work samples of the Master Giorgio Andreoli. Consistent with the important local ceramic tradition, the collection includes works dating from the 16th century to the 1950s. The Plate representing St Ant
Diocesan Museum The Museo Diocesano is in the historical city center of Gubbio, between the Cathedral of the Santi Giacomo and Mariano and Palazzo Ducale, built by the order of Federico da Montefeltro at the end of the 14th century. The Museum display is organized inside the Palazzo del Capitolo dei Canonici. The original palace was built in the 13th century, but in later times has been enlarged. It hosted the Chapter of the Canons, whose role was to celebrate the liturgical functions in the Duomo, and whose community life was regulated by the rule of St Ubald. Inside the architectural comple