Admire the most beautiful places of Panicale and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
Church of San Sebastiano The Church of San Sebastiano is located near Piazza Umberto I, in Panicale. The edifice was built between the end of the 14th and the beginning of the 15th century and was completely redone in 1623. Inside, two frescoes of Pietro Vannucci, called il Perugino, are treasured: the first depicts St Sebastian Martyrdom (1505), whose landscape, in the background with the lake and the gentle hills, is very similar to the one that it is possible to admire right outside the building today; the second one depicts the Virgin and Child with SS Agostino and Mary Mag
"Anita Belleschi Grifoni" Tulle Museum Inaugurated in 2001, the Museo del Tulle "Anita Belleschi Grifoni" has its premises in the 1500s Church of Sant'Agostino, in Panicale, restored so that it could conserve and exhibit the numerous embroidered Tulle manufactured articles that had been spread around in private hands and in town churches. Embroidery on Tulle was a needle activity, performed with material such as cotton and silk. It was already widespread starting from the first decades of the 19th century, thanks to the improvement in technique made by the English Heathcoat and
Madonna della Sbarra Museum The Museo della Madonna della Sbarra is hosted inside the homonymous Church, which stands right outside the burgh of Panicale, along the road going down towards Lake Trasimeno. This Church was built in 1625 to shelter a sacred image of the Virgin Mary, discovered in the 16th century, where the old custom station with its trade barrier—a bar that in Italian is called "sbarra"—used to be, right on the passageway. The sacred image was therefore called Madonna della Sbarra, and the later built temple inherited this name too. As demanded by the townspeople, th
Mariottini Art Gallery Arranged inside the Municipal Palace of Panicale, the Pinacoteca Mariottini is composed of a collection—of thirty-one canvases, commissioned between 1765 and 1780 by the Perugian Francesco Mariottini—which was donated to the Municipality at the end of the 19th century. Mariottini, who was Professor of Civil and Canon Law and a University Rector at the Università di Perugia starting from 1776, descended from a secondary family branch of the Saccalossi from Panicale. Among the most important figures of Panicale at least 10 come from the Saccalossi family, and mo
Caporali Theater The Teatro Caporali is inside the historical center of the burgh of Panicale. It deserves a visit for both the elegance of its internal structure, which is richly decorated, and the quality of performances held on its venue. In fact, the Theater hosts the Prose Season (TSU Circuit), Music Concerts “Insieme Panicale”, The Baroque Opera, Ballet performances and numerous Conventions. The history of the Theater has its roots in the “Società Filodrammatica”, an association founded in 1694 by a group of youth from Panicale. In 1786 the “Società Filodrammatica” fused with a new