Admire the most beautiful places of Perugia and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
The Fontana Maggiore (1275-1278) is one of the main monuments of the city and the whole of medieval sculpture.
Consists of two polygonal marble concentric tanks topped by a bronze Cup. The two tanks are concentric abassorilievi decorated polygonal finely sculpted by Nicola and Giovanni Pisano: below are represented the symbols and scenes of agrarian tradition and feudal culture, the months of the year with the zodiac signs and the Liberal Arts, the Bible and the history of Rome; at the top are depicted in statues placed corners biblical and mythological characters.
In the 10th century, the episcopal see was transferred to the new Church of St. Lawrence, and qualified as an area representative of the political-religious power, confirmed the role of municipal government buildings.
Piazza IV Novembre is the setting for summer concerts during the Umbria Jazz festival. In autumn becomes fair of the dead, a traditional event held annually since 1260, in conjunction with the feast of all saints. To remember, finally, Eurochocolate, chocolate fair born in 1993.
The old road of medieval aqueduct is today a path of about 3 km, where you can enjoy a beautiful panorama. An aqueduct innovative for its time (seeing as the water flowed was uphill), today became the area more suggestive of the city. The route starts from via Appia 40.
San Domenico is a basilica church in Perugia, Umbria, central Italy. It is the largest religious building in the whole of Umbria.
The Cathedral of San Lorenzo was built between 1490 and 1345. The exterior was never completed. Inside, the Hall church type, is preserved the sacred ring, the wedding ring relic of the Virgin Mary. The most important work in the Cathedral is the descent from the cross by Federico Barocci of 1569.
On the side that overlooks Piazza IV Novembre is the stone of Justice, which reports a membership of 1264 through which the municipality announced that all debt was cancelled.
Corso Vannucci is the main street of Perugia. The road, which is named after Pietro Vannucci, painter born in Città della Pieve and known by the nickname Il Perugino, develops between impressive and important buildings: Palazzo dei Priori (downstairs the Collegio del Cambio, frescoed by Perugino, and the Collegio della Mercanzia), Palazzo dei Notari (15th century), Casa di Baldo degli Ubaldi (15th century), Church of Saint Isidore (Deconsecrated) , Palazzo Donini (1716).
The artery begins from piazza IV Novembre and ends at piazza Italy. The course leads to various streets: via F
Priori Palace Palazzo dei Priori is the historical palace that stands at the corner of Piazza IV Novembre and Corso Vannucci, in Perugia. It was the seat of the Priori— i.e. outstanding citizens—the highest political authority of the town in medieval communes, and as such it was decorated in the course of the years by the best artists of the time. A first nucleus of constructions, dating back to the 1270s, was already built. Starting from the last decade of the 13th century, the “palatium novum populi” began to develop around the architectural complex of private property. Its ex
The Etruscan Well The Pozzo Etrusco is an ancient Etruscan well assimilated into the basement of the 17th century Palazzo Bourbon-Sorbello, standing at the extreme eastern end of Piazza Danti, at the foot of the most elevated part of the historical center of Perugia, called Monte di Porta Sole, which corresponds to the ancient acropolis of the town. It represents the most monumental of the water infrastructural constructions in town. It was built in Etruscan times and had a dual function, as a well and a cistern. Its position coincided with what was once the east-west route axi