The church shows traits of Burgundian and Cistercian architecture and reveals an interesting combination of central and longitudinal space. The original plan was made up of a nave and two aisles, which became four in the sixteenth century. At that time the façade was renewed and provided with its magnificent splayed portal adorned on the lunette with a sculpture. In the interior the most remarkable piece is a wooden triptych representing the Holy Mary, the Child and a Cross, carried out by Nicola from Guardiagrele and dated 1422.
Madonna del Ponte Cathedral, situated in Piazza del Plebiscito, is the result of the restoration of a sixteenth-century hall built on the remains of the Roman bridge of Diocletian. The nineteenth-century façade, never completed in the upper part, reflects the Neoclassical manner. Four projecting Corinthian columns interrupt the front surface. The church consists of one single nave, decorated on the vault with a precious cycle of frescoes carried out in the eighteenth-century by Giacinto Diana.
In 1993 while he restored the Church of s. Nicola damaged by the earthquake of 1984, coincidentally important discoveries were made. The team that supervised the renovation, digging where no one during the long years he had gone, he discovered a small treasure trove of art and history that was recovered and saved. Put safe all objects found in a safe of a Bank, after preparing the premises and infrastructure, the July 22, 2000 was inaugurated the small museum.
Founded in the mid thirteenth century, the church was entirely re-built in 1737, when the edifice was divided in an entrance hall, a presbytery and a hall corresponding to the cupola, richly decorated by Michele Clerici. The only extant parts of the earliest church are the lower part of the façade and the base of the belfry, which was accomplished in the sixteenth century along with the octagonal cell and the cupola.
The Museum is housed in the palazzo del Seminario, XVII century building. the seat of the Archdiocese.
Is divided into six separate rooms for themes. The first two are dedicated to the worship of the Madonna withex voto, (paintings and gold jewellery and precious stones donated to Madonna del Ponte, protectress of the city), wooden statues of the 14th and 15th century. A third room accommodates sculptures and paintings of the Neapolitan manufacture dating from between the 15th and 18th century. The room dedicated to the vestments and chalices picks ranging from the 13th to the 18th century
The archaeological museum is housed in the museum complex Santo Spirito, just a few kilometres from the Centre of Lanciano.
The collection revolves around the history of the city of Anxanum (Lanciano's old name) from the early Neolithic to the early medieval ceramic evidence found near the shrine of the Eucharistic Miracle.
Of considerable interest to some kits pre-Roman burials and ex-voto from a sanctuary of italic III-II century b.c.
Situated on the consular road Adriatic Flaminia, the Bridge of Diocletian was built in the late imperial age by the inhabitants of Anxanum with the purpose of connecting the quarter Prato and the Piano delle Fiere (plain of fairs), which the ditch of the Pietrosa divided. The bridge collapsed after an earthquake in 1088 and was re-built in the thirteenth century in a medieval typology; a chapel consecrated to the Virgin was erected upon it and then restored and enlarged in the following centuries until it became the present Church of the Holy Mary of the Bridge. The church occupied the ground