Admire the most beautiful places of Narni and add them to your basket. YAMGU will create your trip considering distances, opening hours and weather.
Eroli Civic Museum The Museo Eroli is located in the historical center of Narni, in the Terziere di Fraporta—one of its three medieval neighborhoods—next to the Church of San Francesco and behind the 14th century Palazzo del Podestà. It is easy to reach from the Parcheggio del Suffragio—the car parking—contiguous to the walls of the town, and connected to the historical center by some elevators. Palazzo Eroli, as it looks today, was built as a noble residence of the local Eroli family, who—probably between the 17th and 18th centuries—grouping together various adjacent estates
Narni Underground The Narni Sotterranea, consisting of some basement rooms located under the historical city center of Narni, extends from Via San Bernardo, inside the former Church of San Michele Arcangelo, to some rooms under the former Convent of San Domenico. The discovery of these underground rooms, in 1979, was fortuitous. Several of these rooms were brought to light and restored in the following years. These include a Pre-Romanesque church, excavated in the rock and dated from the 12th – 13th centuries, containing a painting cycle of just a little later period depicting—
The “Rocca”: Albornoz Fortress The mighty and austere Rocca Albornoziana stands on the highest slope above Narni, looking toward the historical center below, the tight canyon dug by the Nera River and Via Flaminia. It is reachable either by walking Via del Monte, or by taking the road in the direction of Via Flaminia, and then turning to the left on Via Feronia. This significant example of 14th century military architecture is still well preserved. It was built between 1360 and 1370 by order of Cardinal Gil Alvarez Carrillo de Albornoz and designed by architects of fame, such as Ugo
Civic Theater In 1845 the construction of the Teatro Comunale of Narni was decided. It was for this purpose that the Società Teatrale, with the involvement of the Municipality, was founded. The architect author of the design was Professor Santini from Perugia, the engineer and director of the construction site was the architect Fedeli, the painter of the vault was Giovanni Traversari, the painters of the sceneries were Nicola Benvenuti of Perugia and Biseo of Rome, who also painted the service curtain called “comodino”. Gioacchino Altobelli of Terni painted the stage curtain de